Power Button Malfunctioning

This is a discussion on Power Button Malfunctioning within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I'll admit, I dropped my phone in Iced Tea. It was not fully submerged. I immediately pulled my phone out and dried it as best ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Power Button Malfunctioning

Power Button Malfunctioning

I'll admit, I dropped my phone in Iced Tea. It was not fully submerged. I immediately pulled my phone out and dried it as best I could with a towel since I was outside. I quickly went home and placed the phone in a bowl of rice for about a day and a half. I put the battery back in and the phone turned on without me pressing anything. Is that usual? Everything worked perfectly fine....except for the power button. It still does not work and I'm freaking out because I'm not sure if the water sensor has been switched or whatever, which would void the warranty right? Any tips on what to do?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by Dustinn10 View Post
    I'll admit, I dropped my phone in Iced Tea. It was not fully submerged. I immediately pulled my phone out and dried it as best I could with a towel since I was outside. I quickly went home and placed the phone in a bowl of rice for about a day and a half. I put the battery back in and the phone turned on without me pressing anything. Is that usual? Everything worked perfectly fine....except for the power button. It still does not work and I'm freaking out because I'm not sure if the water sensor has been switched or whatever, which would void the warranty right? Any tips on what to do?
    Your best bet is to call HTC. Faulty power button is a known issue with some N1s.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Question

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    Faulty power button is a known issue with some N1s.
    Is this TRUE only for "SOME" N1s?

Quote Originally Posted by Dustinn10 View Post
    Its funny because I, too had an incident.. not as major as dropping it in liquid, lol but I spilled water on my desk, and it got to my n1.. Dried it off.. seemed to be working fine at that time.. but I honestly don't remember whether that's when the power button started going bad... I'd say a month after that, I had to call HTC because I couldn't turn my phone on at all. Luckily they honored my warranty.

THANK YOU I DO NOT NEED TO ROOT ANYMORE

Here's How I've prevented the power button issue, by taking some stress off it...

But this is not a cure... it is just a preventive...

Well I am again officially and deeply impressed by my n1's awesome capabilities ...have taken the stress off the power button with an awesome program called easy wake that allowed any key to wake the screen, but not unlock the phone.. Now I ONLY need to use the power key to switch off and on ... Or force my n1 screen to lock and sleep... No more ROOTING required (for now)... Thanks for all you help.. couldn't have done it without the help of my close friends, who due to their personal requests, shall remain unnamed.

Easy wake? I can't find the app ... what's the exact name ... oh wait ... is it a paid app?

It's actually a part of the app widgetlocker...and yes widgetlocker is a paid app.

Quote Originally Posted by geckocavemen View Post
    It's actually a part of the app widgetlocker...and yes widgetlocker is a paid app.
    I have heard a LOT about widgetlocker and if it does this as well- It sounds Awesome! Unfortunately, we're still waiting for paid aps here

Update with due permission, look for "LockBot" by "JackDoIt"

With easy wake feature

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links