dns setting for nexus? help?

This is a discussion on dns setting for nexus? help? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; just got my nexus and when i connect to wifi i need to put dns, so i go to advanced check "use static ip" then ...

Thread: dns setting for nexus? help?

dns setting for nexus? help?

just got my nexus and when i connect to wifi i need to put dns, so i go to advanced check "use static ip" then ender dns 1 and and dsn 2 and save it doesnt work???? because my ip is supposed to to optain automatically after that but i restated the phone still no soultion? any other way?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Why do you have to enter DNS? should be able to obtain from your modem/wifi access point, provided that your DHCP sever is on and DNS settings has been setup. You should not have to enter in DNS for any wifi initial setup... I connect to a number of different wifi AP's and have never had to enter in DNS.

To establish a static IP on the Nexus DOES require DNS entries..the ones you entered are failing for whatever reason. I suggest using your router's IP address as DNS1 and Google's public DNS 8.8.8.8 as DNS2.

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    To establish a static IP on the Nexus DOES require DNS entries..the ones you entered are failing for whatever reason. I suggest using your router's IP address as DNS1 and Google's public DNS 8.8.8.8 as DNS2.
    Your right... but my point being if you are obtaining an IP address from the router then you should not have to set DNS on your N1 (provided that you have DHCP setup on your router and DNS settings entered).

Not sure why it is not allowing you to save the advanced network settings, hopefully Livinlife will suss it out.

Edit. Just tried google DNS =)

Did you set up your APN's, I know they are for internet, but may impact wifi.

Also, you need to go into your router settings and enter your Mac Address in the allow section. Not sure how you do it on different routers, but I had to do it on my Apple router. Maybe your's is auto. Just an idea.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links