Cannot delete market history

This is a discussion on Cannot delete market history within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I go into manage apps and delete the cache, The cache seems to delete OK but when I go to market the old searched for ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cannot delete market history

Cannot delete market history

I go into manage apps and delete the cache, The cache seems to delete OK but when I go to market the old searched for apps are still in the folder. I go back to manage apps and the cache is full again.Delete and the same problem. There must be some setting that keeps the old history of the market apps still alive in my phone. I would not mind but there is quite a very long list of apps I searched for. There must be a way of getting rid of them. Any help would be welcomed.
    PS. Nexus One is rooted with 2.2 froyo.
    Thanks,
    Vinny

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

From what I know the market search history is permanent (non rooted Nexus One here). It will be deleted if you wipe your phone to out of the box (again non rooted Nexus One here).
    I saw a couple of apps in the tools section of market that do delete cache. The apps do require root access; with your being rooted they should work for you. Have a look in the Market under Tools and then click the Free icon and browse there.

Quote Originally Posted by N1David View Post
    From what I know the market search history is permanent (non rooted Nexus One here). It will be deleted if you wipe your phone to out of the box (again non rooted Nexus One here).
    I saw a couple of apps in the tools section of market that do delete cache. The apps do require root access; with your being rooted they should work for you. Have a look in the Market under Tools and then click the Free icon and browse there.

Thanks for the imfo. I'm going to the market to do some shopping. Hopefully will find the right tool.
    Thanks again,
    Vinny
    PS Thank God for this forum, be lost.

You're welcome. Yes I am thankful for this forum too. Sure helped me a lot.

There is an app called "HistoryEraser" that does not require root to clear the market app list.

Scan that for the app.
    ATT N1 Arrived - 5-18-2010
    Rooted - 7/4/2010

Running:
    Froyo FRF91 w/ root

Thanks for the Barscan!!
    It worked on my Market history but didn't touch my browser cache. Yes, I am using the stock browser.

Thanks for the Barscan!!
    It worked on my Market history but didn't touch my browser cache. Yes, I am using the stock browser.
    I use the stock browser as well. Haven't found a compelling reason to switch to anything else yet.
    Rooted - 7/4/2010

Running:
    Froyo FRF91 w/ root

Does it delete your browser history and cache?

Does it delete your browser history and cache?
    Never had it delete anything but the Market Search History. Never even tried the other delete functions to be honest.
    Rooted - 7/4/2010

Running:
    Froyo FRF91 w/ root

OK, Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links