very frequent reboots

This is a discussion on very frequent reboots within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; my AT&T N1 has taken up a habit of randomly rebooting. I've done nothing crazy with it - Stock N1, upgraded to Froyo - no ...

Thread: very frequent reboots

very frequent reboots

my AT&T N1 has taken up a habit of randomly rebooting. I've done nothing crazy with it - Stock N1, upgraded to Froyo - no custom ROMS or anything. I can get the thing to reboot nearly every time I use the Navigation. It has done it while viewing YouTube (full version w/Flash) also and really seems to be subject to overheating because the bottom gets really, really warm before it boots.

Now I can't say that this phone hasn't been subjected to some low level falls, but I'm not sure that that will cause what I'm seeing.

I'm thinking I'll have to call HTC and have them look at it - anything suggestions that I can try or anyone have experience with calling for support of these? Especially after they closed the "store" and the only N1s available are T-Mobile versions? Are there any logs that can be captured to see what's occurring?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

call HTC, it's a hardware problem, happen to me!!

HTC swapping your phone... sorry my english

I agree with jspidey, call for a swap. I'm sure they still have some AT&T versions in their stock.

It sounds to me more like you have a heat problem. Navigation is a real heater on my phone. Can't say anything about Flash though. Another big battery drain for me is RoboDefense if you want to try something else that might cause a reboot for you. (On the theory that heat is the problem, anything that drains the battery also causes a lot of heat.)

Good luck :nexusx:

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

I used Navigation once and at the end of my trip, put the phone in my pocket. I remembered it about a half hour later and I thought the thing was going to combust! It was schmoking hot.

I guess I'll give it a shot when I get back. Being on vacation and this phone acting up is not much fun. Still, love the phone regardless. So happy I picked this over waiting for the new iPhone.

I've been having a very similar problem, with more freezing and than rebooting. Sent my phone to HTC and just got it back today. Installed froyo first thing and I'm still having the same problem. Looks like I'm gonna be contacting HTC again, but wanted to check and see if others were experiencing this.

just registered to let you know I'm in the same boat. I've had this problem for 2 months and it's most frequent when trying to use Navigation. I've been able to reliably crash the phone when trying to navigate, browsing through pictures, or just letting it do a slideshow.

I have already contacted HTC and JUST got a replacement today that is exhibiting the same exact behavior. This same behavior has now occurred to me using a rooted phone, a non-rooted phone, both with 0 apps additional apps installed, while charging, while not charging, stock rom, cyanogen mods, froyo, non-froyo, etc.. you name it, I've tried it. I'm convinced it's hardware related somehow, I'm just not sure what exactly is causing it. It seems like it's an issue when the graphics chip has to work harder then usual...perhaps when it accesses more ram, but that's just a guess.

I'm gonna give it the weekend, then probably call HTC yet again about this new one they just sent me. I really love my N1, but I'm on the fence about selling it and getting something else.

p.s. the one they sent me also looks like it's using a SLCD instead of my AMOLED - meh.

Quote Originally Posted by gizak View Post
    just registered to let you know I'm in the same boat. I've had this problem for 2 months and it's most frequent when trying to use Navigation. I've been able to reliably crash the phone when trying to navigate, browsing through pictures, or just letting it do a slideshow.

I have already contacted HTC and JUST got a replacement today that is exhibiting the same exact behavior. This same behavior has now occurred to me using a rooted phone, a non-rooted phone, both with 0 apps additional apps installed, while charging, while not charging, stock rom, cyanogen mods, froyo, non-froyo, etc.. you name it, I've tried it. I'm convinced it's hardware related somehow, I'm just not sure what exactly is causing it. It seems like it's an issue when the graphics chip has to work harder then usual...perhaps when it accesses more ram, but that's just a guess.

I'm gonna give it the weekend, then probably call HTC yet again about this new one they just sent me. I really love my N1, but I'm on the fence about selling it and getting something else.

p.s. the one they sent me also looks like it's using a SLCD instead of my AMOLED - meh.
    Was your phone rooted when sent your phone in?

I sent my phone in about a week ago. They told me that they had to replace the mainboard (free of charge) because they found defects on it. I have yet to get it back yet - I'm guessing they will ship it out tomorrow. I also tried a new SIM card because when I put my old (but then current) SIM card in my previous phone - Blackberry 8310 - when I went to send my N1 out, I kept getting SIM errors and I was only able to do SOS calls only. But a new SIM card did nothing to correct the issue.

gizak - are you sure they sent you a new one? did the serial number change?

anyone ever get this resolved?

Just wondering if any of you were ever able to get this resolved? My phone has gone back to HTC twice now, last week being the most recent time. They replaced the mainboard the 2nd time (resulting in a changed IMEI), but it hasn't helped - still exhibits the same hot/rebooting issue. I'm about to send it back to them again, but would really like to know if anyone else was about to successfully determine the cause of the issue...

Thanks,
    Mark

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links