Opening stock camera app completely freezes phone...

This is a discussion on Opening stock camera app completely freezes phone... within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; As of 3 days ago, whenever I hit the icon to open the camera app the screen goes black and the phone completely freezes until ...

Thread: Opening stock camera app completely freezes phone...

Opening stock camera app completely freezes phone...

As of 3 days ago, whenever I hit the icon to open the camera app the screen goes black and the phone completely freezes until I pull the battery or hit the Home button 20+ times.

I have never rooted or messed with this phone at all aside from installing shopsavvy and a weather widget. It was updated to Froyo 2.2 last month via update sent from the carrier (T-Mobile).

I've tried wiping all my data and have done a hard reset after booting into recovery mode 2 times now and the problem still persists. Aside from this issue everything else appears to be working just fine. I should also note that the phone is in immaculate shape as it has never been dropped or even scratched.

The T-Mobile store basically told me they can't help me and I need to send it in to HTC for repair.

Since people are experiencing horrendous issues of going 3+ weeks without their phone after sending it into HTC for repair, I would really like to avoid this.

Any ideas?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

me too. I've had my N1 lock up using the camera regardless what app I use. It's been behaving better lately but it's certainly an annoyance. Googles is the worst offender.
    Nexus One :nexusx: FINALY rooted without ending up like this

Got CM7 installed too!

Not sure if this will help, but have any of you check what radio version do you have on froyo? The camera freezing might have to do with the radio version. Do a search at xda website and see if that help. Good luck!

I saw this as a possible solution in another thread discussing how to fix the video camera freezing issue. To be honest, I'm not sure how to update my "radio version".

To my understanding, in order to update the radio version I have to:
    1) Download the .zip file
    2) rename the file to update.zip
    3) Drag update.zip to the sd card
    4) Boot into recovery and run the update.zip file

Is that the correct process? If so, I already have the .zip file downloaded and just need to complete steps 2-4 to test this solution.

Quote Originally Posted by sn0warmy View Post
    I saw this as a possible solution in another thread discussing how to fix the video camera freezing issue. To be honest, I'm not sure how to update my "radio version".

To my understanding, in order to update the radio version I have to:
    1) Download the .zip file
    2) rename the file to update.zip
    3) Drag update.zip to the sd card
    4) Boot into recovery and run the update.zip file

Is that the correct process? If so, I already have the .zip file downloaded and just need to complete steps 2-4 to test this solution.

yes, that should be it! But first thing first, I'd do a nandroid backup first incase you run into any issue with the new radio, then you can restore back if need be. Make sure you have the radio for the froyo version. Other than that, give it a shot. Good luck hope it works!

Oh...make sure you don't take out the battery for whatever reason, let it finish installing just like you would installing new rom.

I'm running 2.2 on Nexus ne
    baseband version 32.36.00.28U_4.06.00.12_7
    Kernal version 2.6.32.9_27227-g3c98b00d
    android-build@apa26#1
    Build number FRF91
    Mobile network type HSDPA

and the camera still locks up the phone
    Nexus One :nexusx: FINALY rooted without ending up like this

Got CM7 installed too!

That's what I was running as well.

I've tried the radio update and it did not work. After 3 hours of online research and many options later I ended up unlocking and rooting my phone. I ended up installing a new ROM (HTC Sense UI 2.1 - Update 1) in hopes that the radio update in the rom would fix my camera issue and it has not.

So I am still without a camera but I now have a bad*** new user interface. I highly recommend doing this if you have some time to kill.

Same Issue

:nexusx: My Nexus one freezes and reboots every time I start the stock video recorder or qik app. I have updated radio and installed every cyanogenmod rom out there. the htc Dream Rom is the only rom that gives me video but with that rom the internet connection is not working. Had to re-install cyanogenmod 6.0.0 stable. Any help would be appreciated.

UPDATE: After trying multiple roms with various kernals and a plethora of Radio versions, my camera still would not work.

I ended up selling my Nexus One and buying a brand new one locally. My new one has a full working camera and now I have 720p video recording.

If you have the patience to send your phone to HTC for repair and have not unlocked your Nexus, I'd recommend doing that.

Or you can do what I did and sell your Nexus One through your local Craigslist and buy another one locally.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links