Bad camera focus on close up

This is a discussion on Bad camera focus on close up within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Understand that N1 does not have macro camera setting. But ever since updating to Froyo, notice that barcode scanner, ShopSavvy, Business Card recognition software and ...

Thread: Bad camera focus on close up

Bad camera focus on close up

Understand that N1 does not have macro camera setting. But ever since updating to Froyo, notice that barcode scanner, ShopSavvy, Business Card recognition software and camera are not able to take close up picture without it turning blur. My autofocus is "ON". Don't recall having this problem before Froyo when bar code scanning was a breeze. Have restart phone a few times but problem remains.

Does anyone face similar problem or have a work around?

GCW

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

do you get the same results in "infinite" focus mode?

Same blur image when taking namecard with autofocus and infinite mode. Normal and landscape shots are still very sharp.

Contacted HTC support and was advised to do factory reset. Done that but focus issue still there. Looks like a hardware fault. Will arrange to send phone down to service center.

For those who intent to do factory reset, do note that some apps like brut maps and 3DBanana notes was not automatically restored. And they are no longer available in Market.

I've noticed that my camera has had lower quality since the last update =(

It's slightly more grainy in low light conditions.

It doesn't focus before a shot for me, but surprisingly, the final picture turns out ok. Maybe you can try some camera apps on the market: I found camera 360 to be interesting and useful

HTC finally resolved my issue.

1st time service, they returned the phone without doing anything. They presume that N1 is not designed for taking macro pictures. After responding to HTC service survey about my disappointment. HTC engineer called me to understand that QR code, barcode and namecard cannot be focus for picture taking issue. Arranged to pick up phone for 2nd time service and returned the phone with issue resolved in time for my travel.

Satisfied Customer!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links