Vista Ultimate won't recognize USB device

This is a discussion on Vista Ultimate won't recognize USB device within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; My vista ultimate machine used to recognize my nexus one and suddenly it won't recognize it. I know it's not my USB issue because I ...

Thread: Vista Ultimate won't recognize USB device

Unhappy Vista Ultimate won't recognize USB device

My vista ultimate machine used to recognize my nexus one and suddenly it won't recognize it. I know it's not my USB issue because I get a popup in the system menu telling me that "USB Device Not Recognized" with a description of "One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it."

I have tried the obvious solutions; restarting phone, pc, etc.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

And you're mounting the SD card on the phone? Not sure if it helps but can't hurt.

Are you using one of the up front USB ports on your computer? If yes, try one of the USB ports on the back of it. This sounds very well like your USB port on your computer is starting to fail.
    Also, I noticed on Windows 7 and Vista, when the computer was backing up, my Nexus One would not stay connected until the backup finished. Is your computer backing up by any chance when you are trying to connect the Nexus One?

I have Windows 7 and it gives me the same issues. I've updated drivers and looked through multiple forums. If there's the slightest issue with your usb cable, it won't recognize. Also the USB ports on the left side of my laptop won't recognize my N1 but the one on the right will. =)..

Get a MAC =O

--> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

- Our handicapped puppy -

*Follow me on Twitter

EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links