Standard Google Nexus One using T-Mobile's 2.2 but on Vodafone UK

This is a discussion on Standard Google Nexus One using T-Mobile's 2.2 but on Vodafone UK within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi guys My Nexus was bought direct through Google. I manually updated to the latest T-Mobile Froyo FRF91. I'm having a few problems with it ...

Thread: Standard Google Nexus One using T-Mobile's 2.2 but on Vodafone UK

Standard Google Nexus One using T-Mobile's 2.2 but on Vodafone UK

Hi guys

My Nexus was bought direct through Google. I manually updated to the latest T-Mobile Froyo FRF91. I'm having a few problems with it on Vodafone UK. The 3G downloading just cannot be right. The download bar gets to about the last 10% and just hangs a lot of the time. Occasionally my network shows "Emergency Calls Only" on the locked screen. So I was hoping to change from the T-Mobile 2.2 to the latest Vodafone UK release. I can't do it over the air according Vodafone, in fact they say their release will not work at all on my phone but that's got to be garbage right?!

So I just need to know:

a) can it be done?
    b) do I have to downgrade from my FRF91 (T-Mobile USA)? And how do I do that?
    c) is there an easy way to then install a Vodafone rom/update so that I can see if that improves the problems I've reported?

Cheers for reading guys, hope you can help.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

What is the baseband version on your phone?

32.36.00.28U_4.06.00.12_7

Since posting the thread I've followed the instructions to select the "Euro radio band" via *#*#4636#*#* Don't know if that's something I needed to do.

Also, when in the "Phone Information" tab via the *#*#4636#*#*, it displays the "Network type" - this fluctuates between HSDPA and UMTS. Does anybody else's do this?? I can visibly see it change every 10 seconds or so.

As far as I know (and I admit my knowledge is fairly limited), you could try adding a new APN setting using the settings from Vodafone website. If you input their settings, it might improve your 3g experience.

I have exactly the same baseband version as you, and I don't have the same problems regarding the emergency calls only. I get a fairly good reception (i am in lincolnshire) most of the time.

I sometimes get the internet hanging on the last ten per cent, but it is fairly rapid still.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links