No track ball settings

This is a discussion on No track ball settings within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I have upgraded to android 2.2 about a month back. After waiting for an ota update, i manually upgraded to froyo (build no frf 50). ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No track ball settings

No track ball settings

I have upgraded to android 2.2 about a month back. After waiting for an ota update, i manually upgraded to froyo (build no frf 50). Now all the previous track ball settings are gone and it is very difficult to wake up the phone using the power button. Please advise

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by DR TADANKI View Post
    I have upgraded to android 2.2 about a month back. After waiting for an ota update, i manually upgraded to froyo (build no frf 50). Now all the previous track ball settings are gone and it is very difficult to wake up the phone using the power button. Please advise
    FRF50 is very old. The official FroYo release if FRF91.

You should update.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    FRF50 is very old. The official FroYo release if FRF91.

You should update.
    I got FroYo FRF91 and I can't find track ball settings either. Any suggestions?:nexusx:

Cyanogenmod 6

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

You would have to put a custom rom (such as cyanogen) on the phone before you could do anything with the trackball. Even with frf91, there is no way to customize the trackball. However, there are a few apps that automatically make the trackball blink a certain color when you get a notification. Handcent, for example, will blink the trackball blue when you get a text (but only if the screen isn't on, otherwise it will blink white).

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    Cyanogenmod 6

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    +1 .. no trackball settings w/o it

you can use the blink app from the market.

Quote Originally Posted by husnain17 View Post
    you can use the blink app from the market.
    No offense to Blink, but it's a sorry substitute for Cyanogenmod 6.

I used it for a while when I was using standard FroYo. I worked OK, but was not very complete. It also seemed to suck on my battery. When I removed it, my battery usage returned to normal.

Handcent has led blinking for SMS alerts and I used an app called Gmail Notifier to get blinking that way. That's when I ran stock Froyo anyway.

Talking

I'm an extremely happy person now. I have upgraded to cyanogenmod 6 RC3.All my spare parts settings including the track ball settings are back and are a million times better.
    Thank you cyanogenmod.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links