Battery usage: Android OS.

This is a discussion on Battery usage: Android OS. within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi all, In a nutshell, I got the phone about 2 months ago, I am on my second unit already because I thought the first ...

Thread: Battery usage: Android OS.

Battery usage: Android OS.

Hi all,

In a nutshell, I got the phone about 2 months ago, I am on my second unit already because I thought the first one could be defective - I was having massive trouble in regards to battery consumption (related to the Android OS), a VERY slow phone, and at least 4 times where it reset on me out of no where.

This second unit now; I had it reset on me once on its own, and I had to reset it a few times, even did a factory reset on it once which seemed to clear up ALL problems until now - this was good for about 2 weeks. Yesterday the phone was running slow, almost every program was crashing (even the desktop), so I checked the battery usage and Android OS is up top again, so I reset the phone and it is up top again in a few hours. When I woke up this morning, I reset the phone just to make sure it stays good for the rest of the day.

I'm just wondering, I have done nothing different with the phone yesterday to cause the usage of the android OS to skyrocket like it did, so what could have caused it? I feel like I am babysitting a child where I have to constantly check the battery usage menu to see what it is consuming - I do not think I should have to do this on a phone period. I work in the medical field as well, and leave my phone on 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, this was good for about 2 weeks like I said earlier, until yesterday.

Here is a list of what I have installed.

Froyo 2.2
    Yelp
    Craigslist
    StopWatch
    imdb
    Flash Player 10.1
    LED flashlight for froyo
    Google Goggles
    Google Maps

Thanks everyone.

-glenn

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I would suspect one of these:

Craigslist
    StopWatch
    imdb

Since I use all of the rest (and I think just about everyone does) and do not have this problem....

Thanks Beer Goggles,

I took off stopwatch and it seemed to fix the problem so far.

-glenn

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links