nexus one merging contacts on its own

This is a discussion on nexus one merging contacts on its own within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; More and more problems coming up with my n1. after 1 month of being happy with it now am kinda annoyed. problem - i have ...

Thread: nexus one merging contacts on its own

nexus one merging contacts on its own

More and more problems coming up with my n1. after 1 month of being happy with it now am kinda annoyed.

problem - i have a a contact named john uy and another contact named johnny uy. its 2 different persons. n1 keeps on merging it into one contact!! in google contacts its listed as 2 different contacts but every time i sync n1 merges them in the phone. now i have it john 'bike' uy and johnny uy then n1 has it just fine. but what then heck!!! why should i put the '_' just for n1 not to merge it..

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I like this feature I find it very helpful .

The easiest solution to this convenience/inconvenience is to simply change the name to something less confusing to Android.

Supposedly, if you select the merged contact and then unmerge it from the menu, it is supposed to stay unmerged from that time on. Haven't had to try that myself, so I don't know if that works or not.

guess i'll just have to live with putting in descriptions in the name to differentiate them.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links