MicoSD Card Slot Issue

This is a discussion on MicoSD Card Slot Issue within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Still no luck. Any ideas?...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MicoSD Card Slot Issue

Still no luck. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Kit Fox View Post
    Still no luck. Any ideas?
    Maybe it's a defective card? Have you tried a new one (or another one) to see if your phone would format a different card?

Tried 3 different cards. The card works in my laptop and the other cards work in other phones.

I'm not sure what all was involved in replacing the LCD but could you be shorting a data or clock line to the SD card? The phone might use a switch to determine if the card is present or not. If you have a small piece of wire or solder or something on one of the signal lines to the SD card, the phone will know it's there but won't be able to talk to it.

^^ Basically taking everything apart. I suspect it's at least accessing the card and able to write to it because I put in a card WITH files on it in there and formatted it and then the files were gone (when read though the computer).

Alright well I sent it into HTC, they gave me an overnight shipping label and a week later I got it back with a working card. They charged me 55$ or so they said the microsd card connectors were messed up or something on the board so they switched the board out. I got the phone back and after a few days I noticed the screen wasn't responding well to touch, sometimes wouldn't respond at all or would just start jumping around and pressing buttons randomly. I sent it back in overnight on Thursday night and I got it back Tuesday afternoon working. Also seems like they gave me a new trackball, a new wake button on top. A new lower back side part and a new screen.

I would say hardware if other cards don't work

I use sdformatter--full format size adjustment "ON" not off--or something like that--but, definetly ON

There is a guide to using it when you dl program that recommends the correct settings

Seems to put card back to its' original settings

I never format with card in phone

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Ooops,

Didn't catch those last posts Kit--hope it works now

You happy with TMobile coverage--I may change from Cincinnati Bell to TMobile
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Hope it keeps working. Pretty amazing they fixed it for you. I hope for minimal cost.

@FlyingsCool: The cost was $55 for the "physical damage" to the slot which I assume was caused from me taking it apart.

Still working.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links