MicoSD Card Slot Issue

This is a discussion on MicoSD Card Slot Issue within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I'll try to bullet it to make it easy to follow: Bought Nexus One LCD screen breaks. FML. Order new screen, take apart phone, replace ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MicoSD Card Slot Issue

MicoSD Card Slot Issue

I'll try to bullet it to make it easy to follow:

• Bought Nexus One
    • LCD screen breaks. FML.
    • Order new screen, take apart phone, replace screen.
    • Turn phone back on after a week seeing a black screen (still using the phone).
    • MicoSD card (16GB Sandisk) giving me grief.
    • Nexus One says: Blank SD Card: SD Card blank or has unsupported filesystem.
    • I try to format it on the phone through the notification menu and the SD card settings menu at least a 100 times and it refuses to work.
    • When I take the card out physically and restart it knows that there is no card in there so I figure the slot is hooked up.
    • I put files on the card on the computer, then I put the card in the phone, hit format and it doesn't work but when I put the card back in the computer the files are gone.
    • Tried two other smaller SD cards and same effect.
    • Did a factory reset on the phone still no luck.

What's next?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Ooo, I apologize for not saying hi first. Looks like a fun little forum you guys have here. I'll be sticking around to learn more about my awesome phone. Sorry I'm a bit of a newb when it comes to all this stuff. Now off to read other threads on awesome functions of it.

I had a similar issue. I bought a 16GB SD card and the phone refused to recognize it. My computer "saw" it but would fail to format it. I ended up downloading some freeware called SDCard formatter or something like that. I tried a couple different ones and only one did the trick. Formatted the card to FAT32 and worked like a charm.

HTH

Tried a couple different what's?

Is it a program that looks like this:

If so, I tried that program too and formatted the card twice using that full and quick and still no luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Kit Fox View Post
    Tried a couple different what's?

Is it a program that looks like this:

If so, I tried that program too and formatted the card twice using that full and quick and still no luck.
    Tried a couple different SDCard formatting programs. IDK if that is the one I used. I don't think so. Does it give you an error? Does it say it completed the format?

It says it completed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kit Fox View Post
    It says it completed it.
    Hmmm, I don't know then. When I was having the problem, it would always fail to format. Then once the card was formatted properly, the N1 read it.

It should be formatted to FAT32, is that what the card is?

Does those words "FORMAT SIZE ADJUSTMENT OFF" mean anything?
    Keep in mind, I have never used that program before...Oh!! Hey!!! If you are using a windows computer there is an optional update form their site for larger SD cards, do you need that?

TTT 10 little characters dancing around.

Blah! Still not working, tried formatting through different programs but it still isn't working. Is it possible it's hardware related? I doubt it since it clearly reads it's there and it can clear stuff out. Or can it still be hardware?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links