Haptic Feedback Intermitently Not Working

This is a discussion on Haptic Feedback Intermitently Not Working within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; From time to time while using the phone I've noticed that the haptic feedback won't respond. I know I'm pressing the buttons on the bottom ...

Thread: Haptic Feedback Intermitently Not Working

Haptic Feedback Intermitently Not Working

From time to time while using the phone I've noticed that the haptic feedback won't respond. I know I'm pressing the buttons on the bottom because they perform their function but they don't vibrate the phone gently. If I tap the phone somewhere harder it starts going again. I replaced the screen but it's been happening before and after. Not necessarily a huge deal but just annoying. Anyone else experiencing this? Solutions?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by Kit Fox View Post
    From time to time while using the phone I've noticed that the haptic feedback won't respond. I know I'm pressing the buttons on the bottom because they perform their function but they don't vibrate the phone gently. If I tap the phone somewhere harder it starts going again. I replaced the screen but it's been happening before and after. Not necessarily a huge deal but just annoying. Anyone else experiencing this? Solutions?
    From the other issues that you've posted about, it sounds like your phone was seriously damaged. You might want to send it in for repair.

Well this problem came up quite some time ago before the LCD got damaged. Only problem about sending it in for repair is I fear that I lost my warranty.

BTW: I see you're also in NE Illinois. I'm over in DuPage, small world ehh.

Chiming in on the haptic feedback...The only strange thing I noticed is if in email or text and I switch from Swpye to Smart Keyboard Pro...the first letter I tap the haptic feedback is not haptic feedback but rather a loud "Click" sound. After that first tap, the haptic feedback is normal again.

Well they replaced my motherboard, and a bunch of other things and the screen and it's still intermittent. Hmm

I'll keep pressing a button that usually gives feedback but it doesn't work. But if I tap the phone really hard on the screen or just shake it then it will start working again.

My hold button died on the original one I had. Got a new phone which worked for about 45 days and then the hold button died on me. On the the new phone the haptic feedback worked similarly that it was intermittent. Got another replacement Nexus One and this new one seems to actually work pretty well, 99% of the time it works great YAY! Finally.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links