Bluetooth Headset Calling Problems

This is a discussion on Bluetooth Headset Calling Problems within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; This is something I noticed before and after rooting so I'm pretty confident it's not due to rooting. I've tried this with a couple of ...

Thread: Bluetooth Headset Calling Problems

Bluetooth Headset Calling Problems

This is something I noticed before and after rooting so I'm pretty confident it's not due to rooting.

I've tried this with a couple of BT headsets with similar results, I'm currently using a Plantronics "cheapy" headset.

It seems if I want to use this headset (with BT already on) I need to manually tell my phone to connect to the headset via the BT settings, even though they're paired.

Also, when the headset IS connected when I make a call (normal dialing or by using a shortcut on my screen) I have to hit the BT button on the lower right of the call screen or my N1 will ignore my BT headset and send the audio to the normal speaker.

Re-pairing the headset and my N1 has not fixed either situation.

Is this normal for Android 2.2 or am I doing something wrong?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I noticed the same issue after I rooted and started using Cyanogen Mod. Sometimes after dialing, the bluetooth will kick in and pick up the call. Other times, I have to press the button. I suspect the sleep setting for the bluetooth radio is set to a longer value in the Mod than in stock. Probably for battery life purposes. I use a T-Mobile versus N1, CyanogenMod-6.0.0-N1 and a Jawbone Icon with the latest firmware.

Like I said, I noticed it both before and after rooting.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    you may try doing a hard reset of your bluetooth. You would have to refer to your headset bluetooth as to how. I have Blue Ant and have had to reset it for various issues.
    Androidfied.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links