not able to downoad apps

This is a discussion on not able to downoad apps within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; umplarry, Your welcome, we are all here to help each other. Litos, The suggestions here and in the link above are about all you can ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: not able to downoad apps

umplarry,

Your welcome, we are all here to help each other.

Litos,

The suggestions here and in the link above are about all you can do. The market is not real good. I get what you described on probably 1 out 5 dl's. I just cancel dl and try again. On updates, I cancel dl and sometimes they dl on their own later. Go figure.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Market doesn't clear cache for me when I'm not able to download.

Rebooting doesn't help.
    :nexusx: Serious Android Fan :nexusx:

Don't see anything in a newer phone that gives me a temptation to leave my Nexus One!

It takes someone a little "gutsy" (old term) to own and maintain a Nexus 1. I really like this phone.

Don't see anything in a newer phone that gives me a temptation to leave my Nexus One!

Larry,

Don't know if any new suggestions are in the link I posted above.

If all else fails, oyu need to do a nandroid backup plus Titanium, if you are rooted. Since you can't dl, you can't get a nonrooted bu program. MyBackUpPro is a good one for none rooted.

Bottom line is you may need to delete google accts and reinstall it. That does mean the phone will be wiped or factory reset. Forget which one it says during the process. Obviously all google stuff will resync. I assume when you first installed you told it to backup google acct info.

Do some googling first and try XDA Forums, The Q&A section. They don't want you posting problems in the General Section.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Thanks, sorry I didn't see this thread before.

There is a significant amount of info on this in a couple forums, each one with a little different solution. I trust this forum responses more. I'm not sure but a couple of the posts may have involved a sprite, a wand and some fairy dust.

Rugmankc, I'm doing as you have suggested, my next step is the Titanium Backup restore.

An amazing number of the posts involved Google apps. Google seems to be a favored problem.

Larry,

You understand you are doing a titaniun backup and nandroid because deleting the google acct wipes account and all data. I have not done that before. Don't know how easy it is to recover. It says it goes back to factory defaults. Do some research on it. Or a post on it here and in XDA forums for feedback on being able to go into recovey and restore all.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Here's a link to a google help forum with some ideas:

My droid won't download apps! - Android Market Help

The Market has always been finicky.
    Great. Thank rugmankc.

Light-sabred from my NeXuS One using Tapatalk
    "You don't know the power of the dark side!"

My recovery is still ongoing. I don't use Market much, generally I use AppBrain, it's much easier to me. Then too if any apps don't backup to be recoverable, there is a record on AppBrain and you can sync that to your phone. And that's where I am now, reinstalling some of the programs that for one reason or another didn't make it back to my system.

I try a lot of apps. If I don't like them, I uninstall and go on. There's a portion of the app that stays in your ROM taking up space. One of the benefits of what I've been through is getting rid of those program scraps. I've ended up with more memory and a little faster phone.

At first I was a tad upset at the problem that developed, but the overall experience has ended up positive. These experiences are mere inconveniences overall. I'm almost at a newer acting phone with my experience added in.

I have to look at these things positive, I don't have much hair to pull out.

Thanks for your help.

I'm glad your are getting there. LauncherPro is a good home screen app. After you run Titanium and then run it, all after a new rom flash, it puts all homescreens back to th way they were.

What all did you do to fix it?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links