not able to downoad apps

This is a discussion on not able to downoad apps within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I think using google talk worked for me. And I was able to download again after force stopped it too. Im just gonna keep it ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: not able to downoad apps

I think using google talk worked for me. And I was able to download again after force stopped it too. Im just gonna keep it running now all the time, I think it fixed it, so far... I'll let you know if anything else comes up.

To fix, I did a recovery, then nandroid, then gaap zip, then Titanium, now doing appbrain. I was leaving out a step in previous trials and I think you have to do nandroid then google, not the other way around.

I have ADW, have used LauncherPro. I wish there was a combination of the two. I think I can put more apps on ADW screens. I have them set up with 5 columns and 6 rows, 7 screens. I have a lot of junk apps to fool around with.
    :nexusx: Serious Android Fan :nexusx:

Don't see anything in a newer phone that gives me a temptation to leave my Nexus One!

I think your issue was much more serious than mine. I really wouldn't want to go through all that :P I think at this point it's working fine, at least it seems so. You fixed yours, right?

Yup, other than a couple apps that don't like the updates. I haven't minded it, I've learned a lot about the phone. I'm semi-retired, I had the time. But if I had been going to school or to work everyday, it would have been rough finding the time because it has taken several hours.

Don't see anything in a newer phone that gives me a temptation to leave my Nexus One!

Larry,

Have you tried any folder organizer apps. I just started using "Folder Organizer" from Market. Pretty good. I went from 6 to 4 screens with room still left.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

I downloaded one earlier today, seems like a good idea. Don't know which one I downloaded. I've been looking for one I could give my own label(s). Most aren't that flexible.

I have been using Launcher Dock, too. It's very versatile. You can set up any number of them, all different. I have one set up as a dialer app also. You can put 8 apps in each of them, label them or just use icons. I really like this app.

I tried it, but I didn't like it. It removed my icons that I had on the default Launcher and I didn't want to re-put them again, and I didn't find use for the customizable dock. I don't really need any of it - I'm using only 3 homescreens, I like the simple default dock, and if I ever need to reach something else I can just go to the app selection screen. But I guess thats just me.

Larry,

Folder Organizer lets you customize your own labels. It took a little tinkering to figure it all out. There are preinstalled icons or you can put your own icons into gallery and use them. I have the paid version.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

I've downloaded the Folder Organizer, when I get a few moments I'm going to look it over. I'm starting with the free one.

I am an amateur photographer, landscaper, house fixer upper, trail blazer, etc., and there are multiple apps to play with for each. Litos, my wife says I collect, junk, too. Anyway, I generally have 5 to 6 screens, with various apps on trial just for the heck of it. I also try to stay organized, so I routinely use AppList, check to make sure I'm trying all my apps, getting rid of those that don't pass muster. So my Nexus One is another hobby. Some I never use and I dump them. There's an app to track usage of your programs, too. It's still on trial.

Reading the posts in this forum is always educational.

The free version is limted as expected. Paid is pretty good. I am still learning how to do shortcuts to homescreen and selecting only what I want in them. Under the "About" option there is a link to their website and instructions.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links