not able to downoad apps

This is a discussion on not able to downoad apps within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; The last few days, i have not been able to install any apps from the market. After install, I get a message that installation is ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: not able to downoad apps

not able to downoad apps

The last few days, i have not been able to install any apps from the market. After install, I get a message that installation is not successsful. I am rooted, using CM6.00 RC3 and just tonight downloaded to latest nightly, but this was happening prior to tonight download. Anyone else having this problem or any ideas why? I have a 16GB sd card with about 8.5 gb free and 36mb free internal memory.

Thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

cxm
    I have had similar issues - am also on cm6 (stable) - but not sure if this is the cause. Have you tried clearing the cache under manage applications? That worked for me, but the problem reappears sporadically.

Did you flash GAPPS?

If not, you need to go here: http://mirror.kanged.net/gapps/gapps...817-signed.zip and drag the file onto your SDcard and flash it through recovery.

--> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

- Our handicapped puppy -

*Follow me on Twitter

EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

Yes, I clear my cache regularly through a cache app and I have gapps downloaded. I do not think it is CM6 fault either, but just trying to figure out what could be the cause. I do appreciate the responses and help, though.

cxm
    I couldn't really tell you if clearing the cache is what fixed it for me. I just know that sooner or later it fixed itself... good luck

Here's a link to a google help forum with some ideas:

My droid won't download apps! - Android Market Help

The Market has always been finicky.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Apps not downloading, have to restart phone

Hey guys.
    I recently got my Nexus One and I'm very happy with it. But I seemed to have come across an issue... For some reason, a lot of the time now, it takes a long time to start a download from the market, or it doesn't start at all.

When I choose to install an application, it would get stuck on "Starting download...". I don't know why, because when I first got the phone (that was on Wednesday) it would always download everything instantly, I was very glad it ran flawlessly and smoothly and all of that.

Right now, it might still do that sometimes, but most of the time it gets stuck. Occasionally after a few minutes it would start the download, but yeah.

Usually restarting the phone fixes the problem and it begins downloading things instantly, but then it starts to have this issue again.

It's really irritating to be honest. To download an app properly I have to restart my phone, and I don't want to do that, and I'd hate to have some annoying bug in my phone that causes issues that I have to deal with regularly (I guess a lot of items do that - including my old phone, but this one was just so flawless at first, I want to keep it that way).

Any help will be really appreciated. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Here's a link to a google help forum with some ideas:

My droid won't download apps! - Android Market Help

The Market has always been finicky.
    That worked. Thanks for the help. This is why I don't want this forum to go away.

Thanks to everyone who offered their help

try clearing the cache from the market app it helps most of the time...

go to settings>applications>manage applications>market>clear cache

Alright thanks. I was able to normally download an app before I did this, just now, so I can't be sure if it fixed the issue but I'll figure it out as I go I guess. I'll post if it comes up again and that doesn't help it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links