Can't install apps

This is a discussion on Can't install apps within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi, Since yesterday I've been unable to install any apps from the android market! The apps download find, but the install fails and I get ...

Thread: Can't install apps

Unhappy Can't install apps from android market

Hi,

Since yesterday I've been unable to install any apps from the android market! The apps download find, but the install fails and I get the message 'installation unsuccessful'. I have 44mb from on my internal memory and 7gb free on my sd card. I've taken the card out and run a scan disk which found no errors!

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Ben

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    I recommend three things.

1. Check on your 3g Network if you can download.

2. Check to make sure that GTalk is logged in on your phone

3. If both fail, then attempt to do a data wipe of the Market App under Settings - Applications - Manage Applications - All

Find Market and clear data from there.
    Androidfied.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I have had the problem with being unable to download apps from the android market in the past, and I managed to fix that by uninstalling some apps, freeing up some space and getting google talk to run.

However, this doesn't seem to be the same issue! I still have 44mb free space, google talk its running, and the apps are downloading successfully. It's when they get to 100% downloaded the install starts, but then instantly fails.

I've also just tried clearing the android market app data and cache, and trying the install again, but it still failed!

Is there any log file that would show why the install failed?

Thanks

Ben

I think I've found a work around - when I was trying to install an app I got an error saying 'unknown error 18', I googled the error and found a possible fix, which was unmounting the sd card. I tried this, and was able to install the apps! I then have to mount the sd card and move the apps across! It works, but its a real pain to have to keep unmounting and mounting the sd card!

Is there a way around this?

I'm having the same issues. I'm rooted and running CM6. I tried flashing the FR91 ROM back to my phone but it still has the same issues. I can do random updates but most updates and app installs say unsuccessful. I've tried clearing the data/cache for the market, unmounting the SD card, reflashing the CM6 ROM and none of it is working.

Nexus ons problem

I have the exact same probleme as you Justin. Hope there comes an easy solution.

It happens to me rarely and I just have to try again and it works. When it happens it's usually when I'm updating several apps at once.

Is this strictly a Cyanogenmod issue? Cause I am having the exact same problem..

If it's downloading but not installing, it's more likely an SD issue. Try unmounting your SD, and see if that works. If updating, make sure the app is installed on the phone, not SD.

You can also try manually installing the app, once downloaded. The apk is typically staged in either /cache on the phone, or /download on the SD. Just find and click...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links