Downgrade unbootable Nexus One

This is a discussion on Downgrade unbootable Nexus One within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Slims right and my idea was if you can run programs like Astro that requires root, you then know for sure....

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Downgrade unbootable Nexus One

Slims right and my idea was if you can run programs like Astro that requires root, you then know for sure.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Ah ok. I don't think root is required to use astro. Rom Manager needs Root so you could try that. also adfree is another one.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Thanks Slim,

I wasn't sure on Astro, just assumed it did since Root Explorer does. Although they do different things. I was thinking of Linda Manager that I use for file management, and now I am not sure if that requires root either. I just use it, don't think about it.

Surprised he couldn't find Root Explorer though.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Now I don't know if I'm rooted or not. I have the Super user app on my drawer, it shows no apps in list (maybe because I have almost no apps installed, Ive been resetting a lot my phone).
    Also AdFree says that it unable to get root access.

So I guess I'm not rooted...
    Now the Nexus One reboots itself on "heavy" use most of the times. Its still very annoying, because sometimes it doesn't boot up the OS again, so I have to take out the battery. BTW "heavy" is in comparison with before, when he rebooted on anytime.

Yea, sounds like you are not rooted. Still may be a hardware problem.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

I'm on 2.1 update 1. What do you guys recommend? Update to 2.2 FRF91 again? Is there a way to "install from scratch'" 2.2 instead of "updating" from 2.1?

Linda, Astro, and other file explorers don't need root...

my fav is EStrong File Explorer

Just Saying Darth Slice is right

AND Ain't it good to unrooted have me around ;p

jucahe,

Are you still having the reboots from heating up. I think I would resolve that first. I think you said your bootloader is now unlocked. HTC has still been doing exchanges for hardware issues. If that is what it is.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Yes, bootloader is unlocked. Warranty is voided. I have noticed that the CPU has very high usage some times, without doing anything demanding. Maybe it reboots because of that?

Update: Now I'm definitely rooted, AdFree is correctly installed and its on the Superuser app list. Also I'm in 2.2 FRF50. Now what was that of changing the kernel or the radio? Maybe that helps.
    I don't think its a hardware problem. The phone was working properly for about 2+ months while using Android 2.1 and 2.2. The issue started when the FRF91 update was installed. The strange thing is that the issue didn't disappear when downgrade to 2.1.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links