Picture mms coming through like a video.

This is a discussion on Picture mms coming through like a video. within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I'm getting picture messages from certain people that come through as videos instead. When I view the message in the text app it shows the ...

Thread: Picture mms coming through like a video.

Picture mms coming through like a video.

I'm getting picture messages from certain people that come through as videos instead. When I view the message in the text app it shows the play button like it would for a video. Hit play and it brings up a black screen and after a few seconds will then load the picture but it will not use the whole screen.

If I leave the picture up it will close after a few seconds and go back to the texts. If I long hold on the message and copy to sd card I will see the file is a jpg. I can view it then through the gallery app and it shows up full size as it should.

This only happens from certain people. Others it works fine when they send a mms. I have been testing it with one of the people that it doesn't come through right and can't figure out what is going on. He is using a iPhone 3GS with the latest software. My wife has the same phone and when she sends me a message it comes through fine.

Any ideas? Anyone else seen this issue?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

The same thing happens to me though no all the time. Pretty much everyone I know has an iPhone on AT&T. Sometimes they send a picture and I have to hit play to view it. If I ask them to resend it, sometimes it will come in as a normal MMS picture and sometimes it's still that movie bug. I'm on AT&T and it has just recently started happening. When I had TMobile for 5 months, it never happened.

I've also had this happen coming from someone with som LG phone (not android based) Its very annoying.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links