Screen Shuts off During Call

This is a discussion on Screen Shuts off During Call within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; When I place a call with my Nexus One running 2.2 and get put on hold for a couple of minutes, the screen nearly always ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Screen Shuts off During Call

Screen Shuts off During Call

When I place a call with my Nexus One running 2.2 and get put on hold for a couple of minutes, the screen nearly always shuts off before the other person comes back on the line. When the screen is off, I can't get it to come back on, no matter what button I push. Tapping the screen doesn't get it back. The audio works fine but there's no way to display a keyboard to use touchtone controls. The only button that works is the power button - tapping it once will restore the screen but it also ends the call.

My phone does this whether or not I'm using a bluetooth headset or is on speakerphone.

I believe my phone didn't behave this way for the first couple of months I had it, but it's been doing this for the past 2 months.

Am I doing something wrong?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

That is how my phone is too. The screen goes to sleep while on a call. Power button is the only way to turn the screen on.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

So this must be a bug - my phone didn't work like that initially and it's completely annoying. When I have to sit on hold for a few minutes, I put my speakerphone on and find that I have no way to turn it off. Or, if I'm on hold waiting for a service person and have to push a button to indicate that I want to continue holding, I can't do it.

Ya I can't remember if it has always been like this or not. If it makes any difference I am running the latest CM6 nightly.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

It's supposed to turn off the display while the phone is up to your ear. After a while, the phone does shut off if you have your settings on a short timer.

Using Screebl (free in market) can help. It has a setting to keep the phone alive during a call, but I've found that it doesn't work too well.

I agree it can be very annoying.

On my phone when the screen goes dark on a call, I can just roll the trackball a little and it wakes right back up. Yours doesn't do this?

Yes, the trackball doesn't wake it up. That's the first thing I tried since that's how I turn the screen back on when I had my G1.

The phone isn't off - just the screen is dark. I know this is true because when I finally hit the power button (killing the call), I don't see the lock screen. Instead, I my main screen with widgets.

I like the fact that the screen turns off when I hold the phone up to my ear. On my G1 that didn't happen and I would accidentally push button with my ear. I believe the proximity sensor is working fine since when I move the phone away from my head the screen turns back on. But if I set it down or just hold it away from me for a minute or two, the screen goes dark again with no way to turn it back on. I've even tried putting it back up to my ear, thinking perhaps the proximity sensor had gotten everything backward, but even that won't turn the screen back on.

Under Settings, Accessibility...there is an option "Power button ends call" check yours to make sure that there is no check mark there. That might be the problem.

wow. Great info, David. My setting had a checkmark and I just removed it. I'll see what happens in the next call. Maybe this is the whole problem...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links