Voice dialing on Nexus One

This is a discussion on Voice dialing on Nexus One within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi there, When pressing on the Search button of my nexus one, a window pops up saying " Talk now - Google search ". If ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Voice dialing on Nexus One

Voice dialing on Nexus One

Hi there,

When pressing on the Search button of my nexus one, a window pops up saying " Talk now - Google search ".

If I say " call Bob ", it opens the browser and search for " call Bob". How to set it up so the phone actually calls my contact Bob when I say "call Bob" ?

Thanks !!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Try specifying the number to call him at (even if it's the only number listed)

I.E. "Call Bob on mobile"
    ATT N1 Arrived - 5-18-2010
    Rooted - 7/4/2010

Running:
    Froyo FRF91 w/ root

I was under the impression that voice dialing only worked with the bluetooth. Maybe the latest google search update changed that??

Call contacts

Call contacts
    Say "call [contact name] [phone type]*"
    e.g. "call Allison Miller home"

Quote Originally Posted by fanjo View Post
    Hi there,

When pressing on the Search button of my nexus one, a window pops up saying " Talk now - Google search ".

If I say " call Bob ", it opens the browser and search for " call Bob". How to set it up so the phone actually calls my contact Bob when I say "call Bob" ?

Thanks !!

Hello all and thank you very much for your replies.

Allright so 1st I updated the Voice search from Market. Now the pop up is a little bit different when pressing on the search button : "Speak Now" with a red square.

So now " call Bob home " gives me a list of "what did you want to say".. if I clic on "call Bob home" which is recognized, it still opens the browser and search for "call bob home"....

What did I do wrong ?

This can be confusing because there are multiple apps for doing this. The default app is called Voice Dialer and should be in your app drawer. This is the app that launches by default when making one touch voice commands from your bluetooth headset.

The press and hold search button usually launches Voice Search. Make sure you have the updated Voice Search installed from the market. Version 2.0.1 is the latest. That app has lots and lots of commands including sending txt, email, tweets via voice.

Voice Actions for Android

That all said, the quality of the voice recognition software varies GREATLY depending on what ROM and kernel you are running.

-edit-
    OK... so Call Bob Home does the same thing to me... sends me to a google search results page! WTF?!

Quote Originally Posted by fanjo View Post
    Hello all and thank you very much for your replies.

Allright so 1st I updated the Voice search from Market. Now the pop up is a little bit different when pressing on the search button : "Speak Now" with a red square.

So now " call Bob home " gives me a list of "what did you want to say".. if I clic on "call Bob home" which is recognized, it still opens the browser and search for "call bob home"....

What did I do wrong ?
    As in the example, try using the full contact name, not just "Bob."

I just tried the voice search saying "Dial five six............" and it opened another box asking me to confirm dialing and it worked. Even on bluetooth, I have better luck asking it to "dial" instead of "call" and I say the number as saying the person's name has never worked for me.

Try saying "Call Google Support Line" :rofl3:

or maybe "Call Beer Goggles Paid Support Line"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links