"System update avaible" message keeps appearing

This is a discussion on "System update avaible" message keeps appearing within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hey to everyone. I am sorry if a similar thread exists already, but I have just spend so much time searching Google. I have a ...

Thread: "System update avaible" message keeps appearing

"System update avaible" message keeps appearing

Hey to everyone.

I am sorry if a similar thread exists already, but I have just spend so much time searching Google.

I have a weird problem with my Nexus 1. I rooted it when I got it (some months ago), so I don't really remember all the details about how I did it, was probably some cyanogen mod thing. However back then I remember having a small issue with the "system update available" message that displays in the notification bar, when an update is available. The problem was that the message kept appearing even though the 2.2 update was successfully installed. The problem seemed to disappear at some point, but now it is back, and worse. I cannot turn on or wake up my phone without getting the annoying message in my face. I did try to follow the instructions in the message and actually install the update and reboot (even though the phone is running 2.2), however it didn't help. So right now I am pressing the "install later" option every time I want to use the phone.

Also. I found out that I can root the phone with the program Universal Androot, so I guess the solution would be to somehow unroot using the old method (that I have forgotten) and then just use the Universal Androot program whenever I want to do something that requires root.

Now the reason I write all this is that I am a bit scared of bricking the thing (even though i hear it should be next to impossible). If anyone has a good idea how to get rid of the update message I would be very thankfull.

About phone:
    Nexus One
    Android 2.2
    Baseband version:
    Kernel version: android-build@apa26 #1
    Build number: FRF50

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

FRF50 is a very old version of a manual update to FroYo. Your best bet is to hop over to the XDA forums and search for the update there from your current version. I'm sure you'll find instructions there for how to go about updating your phone. I'm surprised a Google search didn't already supply that information to you.

14 times
    If you are already Rooted, no need to back pedal. Just install rom manager, flash clockwork, backup your current rom, download and install CM6 and the apps addon and you'll be up to date in no time with no more update notifications. Any questions feel free to ask.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

FRF91 is the official version of Froyo. You might want to install the official stock ROM. Look for it here:
    10/May Stock ROMs - ERD79 -> EPF21B images / zip / online kitchen (optional root / insecure / himem) - Android @ MoDaCo

Of course, CM6 has it advantages and disadvantages (battery drain made me switch)... but you can start here:
    Google Nexus One Stable Mod - CyanogenMod Forum

And my personal favorite right now:

Thanx for that, guys. Will look into it

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links