Weird stuff starting to happen...

This is a discussion on Weird stuff starting to happen... within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; The last couple of days have been interesting with the Nexus. First, a day or two ago, I started getting random notifications that Beautiful Widgets ...

Thread: Weird stuff starting to happen...

Weird stuff starting to happen...

The last couple of days have been interesting with the Nexus.

First, a day or two ago, I started getting random notifications that Beautiful Widgets (the first Android app I bought, back when) had failed, and giving me the option to force close or report. I did both. A few times.

Now, today, a customer comes into my store with his EVO (he knows I'm kinda an Android geek....I work in a motorcycle shop :D). He's complaining that his media player isn't working. So, I pull out the Nexus, and go to play Star Trek via the gallery>video app.

The phone locks up. Solid. No response to anything for 15 minutes. The only solution is a hot battery pull....which I've never had to do to the Nexus before.

That fixed it for the rest of the day. Well, except for the suddenly laggy screen on wake up...but that's another story.

Then tonight, amidst the forcecloses for BW, I get one for SportsTap, too. I do use that one a lot, to follow my favorite teams...UGA first, of course :D.

Any suggestions? You guys know I'm stock Froyo, right? :rofl3:

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    The last couple of days have been interesting with the Nexus.

First, a day or two ago, I started getting random notifications that Beautiful Widgets (the first Android app I bought, back when) had failed, and giving me the option to force close or report. I did both. A few times.

Now, today, a customer comes into my store with his EVO (he knows I'm kinda an Android geek....I work in a motorcycle shop :D). He's complaining that his media player isn't working. So, I pull out the Nexus, and go to play Star Trek via the gallery>video app.

The phone locks up. Solid. No response to anything for 15 minutes. The only solution is a hot battery pull....which I've never had to do to the Nexus before.

That fixed it for the rest of the day. Well, except for the suddenly laggy screen on wake up...but that's another story.

Then tonight, amidst the forcecloses for BW, I get one for SportsTap, too. I do use that one a lot, to follow my favorite teams...UGA first, of course :D.

WERA, I just got fed up today at work and decided this weekend I would be flashing a new ROM(don't know which one yet), but the fc were driving me crazy. I am rooted of course and am a big fan of Cyan, but it started happening a lot lately. I made sure my storage internal and SD were good, pulled the battery, uninstalled apps I don't use anymore, but to no avail, fcs on my launcher as well.
    CM7.0.3
    Overclocked 1113

Well, without pinning down exactly what sub system process is killing performance... and without wanting to root and go to another ROM... I know the first thing that Google would tell you if you called the 1-800 number is to factory restore your phone. I think it's under Settings - Privacy - Reset Phone (not sure for certain, running Sense ROM now).

Now, problem may be that when you bring up your phone for the first time after a clean factory restore is that there is a first boot script that asks you to log into your gmail account and that auto-magically starts downloading every app associated with your account. There has to be a way to delete all of the android data associated with your account. Interested to see what someone with more experience knows. (I've had an Android phone for almost 2 months now...)

I would suggest not signing in with your gmail account on that initial set up your phone dialog and go for a day (if you can) to see if it is in fact a software problem or (if it still happens) hardware.

Tapping the 4 corners of the setup screen starting in the top left and working around in a clockwise direction will bypass the setup screens completely.

In other words tap in this order:
    1. Top Left
    2. Top Right
    3. Bottom Right
    4. Bottom Left
    ATT N1 Arrived - 5-18-2010
    Rooted - 7/4/2010

Running:
    Froyo FRF91 w/ root

Quote Originally Posted by cbroberts2010 View Post
    WERA, I just got fed up today at work and decided this weekend I would be flashing a new ROM(don't know which one yet), but the fc were driving me crazy. I am rooted of course and am a big fan of Cyan, but it started happening a lot lately. I made sure my storage internal and SD were good, pulled the battery, uninstalled apps I don't use anymore, but to no avail, fcs on my launcher as well.[/QUOTE]

These new issues are on stock Froyo FRF91.

Quote Originally Posted by Abrupt Demise View Post
    Tapping the 4 corners of the setup screen starting in the top left and working around in a clockwise direction will bypass the setup screens completely.

1. Top Left
    2. Top Right
    3. Bottom Right
    4. Bottom Left

Um....did I miss something here?

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Abrupt Demise View Post

1. Top Left
    2. Top Right
    3. Bottom Right
    4. Bottom Left

Um....did I miss something here?
    I meant to quote nick in my reply. He was discussing skipping the google account setup. My post was a way to skip the setup screens simply completely.
    ATT N1 Arrived - 5-18-2010
    Rooted - 7/4/2010

Running:
    Froyo FRF91 w/ root

WERA do you use a Task Killer? Any new apps you installed recently that might be causing this?
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

WERA, if your answer to SliceBurgSlim is a no...then I would suggest you do a system wipe and start fresh.
    It (used) to be a hassle for me to do that, but I made a list of all that will need to be done after a system wipe. i.e. second email acct, email signatures, custom ringtones for specific contacts, Handcent customizations, apps not backed up in the cloud...etc.
    Last wipe I did, I left it alone for 20 minutes after I logged in with my gmail acct so it could retrieve all the apps from the cloud. Then I opened the above list I created on my desktop and went down the list doing all one by one until done.

WERA, before you go the factory reset route, try to clear the data on the problematic apps. I know that the resent updates for BW has caused some problems for people. Try this: Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Beautiful Widgets> Clear Data

I know it's a long shot but if it works, it will save you from doing a factory reset.

Also, I'm no expert in this but would clearing the Dalvik Cache help??

Good Luck.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links