Touch Screen Alignment

This is a discussion on Touch Screen Alignment within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; putting phone to sleep and turning it back on again will do indeed.......

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Touch Screen Alignment

putting phone to sleep and turning it back on again will do indeed....

Quote Originally Posted by krazychowmein View Post
    I thought it was just me having this issue. It's pretty bothersome especially when in the car and the phone is charging. Already trying to not get a ticket, this prolongs how much time i have to look down to dial or ...text. Yes I know I shouldn't be doing this while driving but hey I can multi-task!
    It is quite annoying. Obviously this is a widely spread issue. I'm surprised it hasn't been fixed. I hope we're not being overlooked because nexus one didn't sell that much.

Has anyone tried putting Cyanogen 6 on to see if this problem has gone away? I have heard that the developer has a way to work around the issue.

Nope still have the issue on cm6 and rc1

Hi raccord,

I was doing some more research on this topic this weekend and found out that the new radio 5.08 and 5.12 have this issue fixed! What radio version are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by gravity View Post
    Hi raccord,

I was doing some more research on this topic this weekend and found out that the new radio 5.08 and 5.12 have this issue fixed! What radio version are you using?
    Unfortunately, that is not completely correct. I have 5.12 installed, hoping it would fix it. It ABSOLUTELY DOES NOT. It may reduce the incidence of it, but it is not a fix.

That being said, I am on a custom rom with 2.2 still, not 2.2.1. Maybe a combination of the two would. But I still have plenty of times, either when charging or charging+GPS, where the digitizer misaligns.

Junior Member Frantic_Earthling's Avatar
    I have been using my Nexus One for a week now and I experience the same problems. For no specific reason and in a very random fashion, my touch screen becomes buggy, keys become unresponsive, keys other than those I hit get activated.

My N1 runs with 2.2 and has a FRF91 build. I am surprised that what seems to be an old issue going back to January, has not been solved yet 11 months later.

I sent my Nexus One back to HTC for repair for the exact same problem, It was returned in a week with a "Repaired" note. I found that it happens not nearly as often now as before. I wonder what they did. I also wrote my initials inside the ph and when it was returned my initials were there but not the way I did it. (different handwriting) Hmmm I wonder.

Jim

Junior Member Frantic_Earthling's Avatar
    I read somewhere that this happens more frequently when the battery is low. It may be just me but I get the feeling that indeed when the battery is fully charged, it does not happen so often.

I need more experimenting, though.

And BTW, it is a problem anyway!

This happen to me every so often maybe once a week.
    I do notice when it happened I'm low on battery AND on a charger.
    I can have the battery as low as 15%-20% and no problems but when
    it's on a charger and the battery level is low or get hot, the screen get erratic.

BTW I have not had this happen yet since upgrading the radio, but it's only been a few days so I can't say it's fix. Will update in a few weeks.
    Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED
    Cyanogen Mod Nightly ROM

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links