Possessed phone - trackball issue

This is a discussion on Possessed phone - trackball issue within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; This is day 1 with my Nexus One, and I have to say, this issue make me want to hurl it into a wall because ...

Thread: Possessed phone - trackball issue

Possessed phone - trackball issue

This is day 1 with my Nexus One, and I have to say, this issue make me want to hurl it into a wall because it is completely unusable.

The phone is constantly getting some sort of signal from the trackball in random directions, stealing focus from text fields, shifting tabs, canceling voice actions, scrolling web pages. I've searched for ways to disable the trackball but I'm coming up short.

Has anybody else experienced this? Or is this a valid case for an RMA?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by mroy View Post
    This is day 1 with my Nexus One, and I have to say, this issue make me want to hurl it into a wall because it is completely unusable.

The phone is constantly getting some sort of signal from the trackball in random directions, stealing focus from text fields, shifting tabs, canceling voice actions, scrolling web pages. I've searched for ways to disable the trackball but I'm coming up short.

Weird. It does sound like a valid case for RMA. I know you've probably tried it already but have you rebooted? Rebooting usually fixes any problem I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_808 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mroy View Post

Weird. It does sound like a valid case for RMA. I know you've probably tried it already but have you rebooted? Rebooting usually fixes any problem I have.
    Yea, rebooting was my first instinct...no bueno. No bueno at all. It's disappointing that it's the first Android phone I've liked, and it's so unusable due to this. Not cool that it takes 5 minutes to compose a simple SMS among everything else.

I would RMA it right away. I've heard of people exchanging theirs for new ones because of more minor problems.

I've had my N1 since it first came out and it is the best phone I have ever had, hands down. Please don't let this issue, although serious, force you to change to a different phone. I've played around with many other phones (iphone, evo, droid, galaxy, g1 just to name a few) and none even comes close to this one.

I'm sure google/htc will be able to help you out!

I've emailed the fulfillment company, we'll see what happens. Thanks.

So Brightstar refuses returns/exchanges/support so I had to deal with HTC. After about 8 calls, HTC sent me a 'swap' phone which had more problems with USB connectivity than mine, so I returned that. It took forever to get the returned swap phone checked back in and when I setup another swap they canceled it a week later saying they didn't have any more developer phones for the swap, so I'm forced to do a chargeback to Brightstar and return the phone to them. I think I'm done with HTC. It's a shame their support is so terrible, and I couldn't get a working phone out of them. I liked the Nexus One when I had good experiences with it. Oh well.

Man that really sucks. I'm sorry you couldn't get your issues resolved. Any idea what phone your gonna get now?

Plasma Riffled from my N1 using tapatalk.

Quote Originally Posted by eZdoesit View Post
    Man that really sucks. I'm sorry you couldn't get your issues resolved. Any idea what phone your gonna get now?

Plasma Riffled from my N1 using tapatalk.
    I haven't decided on what to get yet. I'm waiting on some new releases before deciding. In the meantime I'm just going to use one of the test phones from work, a Samsung Galaxy S which has been my favorite phone so far. If you're in the market for something new right now I would recommend that. It has a skinned UI, and loaded with uninstallable programs, but the speed of this thing is still fantastic, and you can get it on all the carriers (under different names of course).

Well if you are interested in the galaxy S phones you may actually like this phone http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...nexus-2-a.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    Well if you are interested in the galaxy S phones you may actually like this phone http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...nexus-2-a.html
    Yea, that's one of the phones I'm waiting for

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links