16gb micro sdhc class 10, write speed 6mb/s?

This is a discussion on 16gb micro sdhc class 10, write speed 6mb/s? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hello! I bought Kingston 16gb class 10 micro sdhc card and I tested it on my nexus one getting result 6mb/s and in unbutu getting ...

Thread: 16gb micro sdhc class 10, write speed 6mb/s?

16gb micro sdhc class 10, write speed 6mb/s?

Hello!
    I bought Kingston 16gb class 10 micro sdhc card and I tested it on my nexus one getting result 6mb/s and in unbutu getting same results. Both was directly pluged (Not Usb). I closed every running application in nexus one and I got same result. I also tested in different partitions and in ext2 I was getting little slower result than in fat32. But both were same or under 6mb.
    Is there something wrong with the card or is it issue with nexus one that android 2.2 doesnt support class 10?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

What app?

What app are you using to test the speed?

SD card speed test.apk

Quote Originally Posted by elkyur View Post
    Hello!
    I bought Kingston 16gb class 10 micro sdhc card and I tested it on my nexus one getting result 6mb/s and in unbutu getting same results. Both was directly pluged (Not Usb). I closed every running application in nexus one and I got same result. I also tested in different partitions and in ext2 I was getting little slower result than in fat32. But both were same or under 6mb.
    Is there something wrong with the card or is it issue with nexus one that android 2.2 doesnt support class 10?
    Quote Originally Posted by elkyur View Post
    SD card speed test.apk
    On the MicroSD card that shipped with my Nexus One here are my SD Card Speed Test results:

Nexus One ships with a 4GB SanDisk microSDHC Class 2 card

I would guess that from your results and my results that a class 6 card should be sufficient or the class 2 should be fine since it runs as high as a class 6 anyway.

Did you test your sd card on computer and see what is the speed on that?

I used my warranty and i got new card, guess what? I got 4mb/s write speed after I tested, I am using cyanogenmod, maybe partitioning to right partition would help?

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links