2G/3G Crashes phone

This is a discussion on 2G/3G Crashes phone within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Everytime I use cellular data, my phone reboot's. I can use wifi all day, and nothing will happen, and it runs like a champ, but ...

Thread: 2G/3G Crashes phone

2G/3G Crashes phone

Everytime I use cellular data, my phone reboot's. I can use wifi all day, and nothing will happen, and it runs like a champ, but as soon as I turn off wifi and start browsing or Pandora the phone reboots.

I have wiped, and cleared all my chache's, and still, while setting the phone back up, right after I signed in with a fresh wipe, the phone rebooted so I know it's not an application that is causing this.

I am running Cyanogen 6.0 stable ROM.

Any ideas on what to do would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

looks like its the main reason i will not root my phone

Hmm I have my N1 2.2 thru att (att N1) and have no problem here in Vegas or never even heard of a problem like that (though my gal has had problems using her Samsung phone on internet kept freezing her phone..decided to drop the internet part for her).

Off the top of my head maybe try getting another Sim card from your local ATT and see if that might be it? Or double check to make sure everything is right with your plan??

I still using my N1 unrooted 2.2 so do not know how a rooted N1 works with the differ roms.. hopefully someone with the same rom as the one your using will post here and shed some light.

If you get it working soon then awesome..I love my N1 and will be a while till I get another phone (I really hope Google will change their minds and think about still doing a phone thats pure android and not loaded with crapware).

Quote Originally Posted by Capdot View Post
    Everytime I use cellular data, my phone reboot's. I can use wifi all day, and nothing will happen, and it runs like a champ, but as soon as I turn off wifi and start browsing or Pandora the phone reboots.

I have wiped, and cleared all my chache's, and still, while setting the phone back up, right after I signed in with a fresh wipe, the phone rebooted so I know it's not an application that is causing this.

I am running Cyanogen 6.0 stable ROM.

Any ideas on what to do would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    Very odd... I would gather it's some app misbehaving since I too have CM6 stable and have no issues with anything whatsoever.

Thanks for the replies.

I don't think it's an app. that is causing the crash, I think it has to do with the hardware. Like I stated in the op; I wiped my device and cleared everything from it, and after I had signed in, while it was downloading all my apps, it crashed and rebooted.

Sucks man. I love this phone.

Why wouldn't you think it is an app? You just said "while you were downloading" your apps ... maybe when it got to the rogue app, it crashed it again. Try not using any third-party apps for a day or two and see if your phone is OK first. Then just download a couple at a time until you find the problem app.

Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    Why wouldn't you think it is an app? You just said "while you were downloading" your apps ... maybe when it got to the rogue app, it crashed it again. Try not using any third-party apps for a day or two and see if your phone is OK first. Then just download a couple at a time until you find the problem app.
    Early this morning I reset, and wiped my phone. I booted back up, and skipped the logging in process. There was nothing loaded on my my phone except the apps that are on it in it's stock form. I opened up the browser and did some web browsing and then it rebooted.

This is what makes me believe that it's a hardware problem.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links