Nexus One Rebooting

This is a discussion on Nexus One Rebooting within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi everyone. I have a Nexus One that worked perfectly for 2-3 months, until the FRF91 update was automatically installed, about 1 month ago. Since ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One Rebooting

Nexus One Rebooting

Hi everyone. I have a Nexus One that worked perfectly for 2-3 months, until the FRF91 update was automatically installed, about 1 month ago. Since then, the N1 reboots itself constantly, specially when using demanding apps like 3D games. Also when using the 3G internet for a while.
    It works fine all day long If I only use the N1 for texting and occasional calls (Pointless to have such a phone for just this tasks!)
    Sometimes, it do not restart correctly, it loops between the X logo and the animation an reboots again, until it gets stuck on the X logo so I remove the battery, wait a couple of minutes and retry. It gets hot while looping. It eventually gets in the OS, specially if I wait for it to cool down.

I have downgraded the Nexus to the Stock FW (2.1) without any difference, same problem. Now I'm rooted and using 2.2 FRF50 because works better than the other updates. (bootloader is unlocked, so no warranty. I can't use it where I live anyway)
    So... anybody had any similar issue and had it resolved?

Some people say it may be a motherboard issue, but isn't it strange that it only appeared after the FRF91 update?

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I was the same problem, is a hardware problema and with the time is worst and worst. my old n1 was rooted, but for this problem HTC apply the warranty anyway... well you need call it for a swapping... work for me

Thanks! So even if my bootloader is unlocked they will exchange without any extra cost? How long do they take to make the exchange?

Quote Originally Posted by jucahe View Post
    Thanks! So even if my bootloader is unlocked they will exchange without any extra cost? How long do they take to make the exchange?
    I had the same problem with my rooted Nexus One... its been repaired (they honored the warranty) ...I'm currently awaiting delivery!

Quote Originally Posted by Pitrick View Post
    I had the same problem with my rooted Nexus One... its been repaired (they honored the warranty) ...I'm currently awaiting delivery!
    How long have you been waiting? Do you know how much can they take to return the phone?

Quote Originally Posted by jucahe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitrick View Post
    How long have you been waiting? Do you know how much can they take to return the phone?
    From the day I got my FeDex to the day I received the phone (today) exactly 1 week! And it seems to have fixed the problem!

It came back un-rooted!

Well got the 2.2.1 update (ATT N1 unrooted) and something is causing the phoen to freeze now and then (I have had to take battery out to reset 4x now). Before (with 2.1 and 2.2) I never once had the phone freeze.

Anyone else having issues with 2.2.1?

2.2.1 Bricked my phone

My N! is not rooted. Got the update two weeks ago, immediately caused phone to restart constantly, by the end of the day phone would even turn on. battery light says it was charging but black screen. Called HTC right away and put in for the OVERNIGHT swap at $529. In the meantime, got a new battery, but still wouldn't work. TWO WEEKS LATER, HTC sends new phone (that's a WHOLE OTHER ANGRY STORY). PIcked it up today, reloaded all apps, etc. Then comes the 2.2.1 update again and Bam, back to the same restarting issue. WTF?!!! had it less than 24 hours and already bad signs. Will try recovery/wiping if it stays on long enough.

Quote Originally Posted by nicoleslondon View Post
    My N! is not rooted. Got the update two weeks ago, immediately caused phone to restart constantly, by the end of the day phone would even turn on. battery light says it was charging but black screen. Called HTC right away and put in for the OVERNIGHT swap at $529. In the meantime, got a new battery, but still wouldn't work. TWO WEEKS LATER, HTC sends new phone (that's a WHOLE OTHER ANGRY STORY). PIcked it up today, reloaded all apps, etc. Then comes the 2.2.1 update again and Bam, back to the same restarting issue. WTF?!!! had it less than 24 hours and already bad signs. Will try recovery/wiping if it stays on long enough.
    That SUCKS!!

I sent my phone yesterday, hopefully it will arrive HTC tomorrow. I used the other warranty option thou. I really hope that they don't mess it up and send me a bad phone!!

Good luck on the wiping results dude!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links