Nexus One won't power up. What went wrong?

This is a discussion on Nexus One won't power up. What went wrong? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I had N1 for several months now and everything worked fine. Until two weeks ago. First it started to be unusually slow. Then, all of ...

Thread: Nexus One won't power up. What went wrong?

Unhappy Nexus One won't power up. What went wrong?

I had N1 for several months now and everything worked fine. Until two weeks ago.

First it started to be unusually slow. Then, all of the sudden it wouldn't power up at all. Someone suggested to remove the battery, to power it up and a green/yellow lights went off. I've inserted the battery, and reseted the phone.
    Everything worked ok. After that, I've only installed core apps (nothing from the market, because I've thought that something must to have gone wrong withe some of them. Just to mention I was riding the Froyo update.

Yesterday, the phone was dead. When I went to bed, it still had some 30% battery left, but in the morning it didn't turn on. At all. Blank. I've tried doing the hard reset, but the phone appears to be dead. Removed the battery, waited for couple of minutes, nothing. Changed the charger, same thing, nothing happens. Not even the green/yellow led blinking.

ANy ideas, suggestions, before I send it back to be replaced? SInce a friend of mine bought it in the States, and it is a bit of a problem for me to send it back to be replaced, I just want to be 100% sure that it is a dead phone.

Thanks in advance,
    A

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

similar problem... sorry I cant be up any help

Always try a known good battery in the phone before assuming the phone itself is dead. G'luck!

I've tried with another battery, but the phone is still dead. My battery worked fine in my friend's device...

Any info on how to proceed? Any new ideas?

Thanks in advance, A

unfortunately, I couldn't turn it on even with the instructions from this thread. Am I to start worrying?

Well I wouldn`t say worrying cause you still have your warranty form htc and your friend can still bring it back right. But ya I think your phone is dead. Sorry.

Even though I am resurrecting this post, just to give you a conclusion, someone might find it useful: the phone died. MoBo was fried So they replaced my phone and sent me a new one days before the end of my warranty. Lucky me.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links