todays ota broke my phone

This is a discussion on todays ota broke my phone within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; i originally posted this, asking for help in the general discussion area, but my thread was merged into another, where everyone is talking about how ...

Thread: todays ota broke my phone

todays ota broke my phone

i originally posted this, asking for help in the general discussion area, but my thread was merged into another, where everyone is talking about how happy they are with todays ota.

me? not so happy. i need some help, and maybe i can find it here, unless my post gets diverted again.....

hi, i'm new here....been lurking awhile but this is my first post.

so earlier today i did the ota. my phone got really hot and rebooted itself 7 times, until eventually i removed the battery and let it chill a bit. i noticed that it changed my wallpaper back to the stock live wallpaper, and NOTHING works but the dialer.

everything either force closes, or briefly flickers on, then back to my home page.

my browser wont work, i cant do updates from market, because it either fc's or shows the grey line when something is downloading, but it just stays grey. i can open my email app, and see the list, but when i touch the individual emails, it flicks on and then back to the list.

the vast majority of the apps and other components do not work now. they force close or click back to my home page. i have no idea what to do and everyone else seems very happy with the update.

my friend also got the ota and although hers rebooted itself a couple times, it's working fine.

help?

my wallpaper was a live wallpaper called shake em up. it was hilarious! but now it's gone from my phone, the download list, and my friend cant even find it in the market. what gives?

gael

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

just did a factory reset

my apps are currently downloading

so far, the browser still flashes on for a split second, then back to my home page

The OTA broke my screen. I see pitch black.

Quote Originally Posted by disturbedhominid View Post
    The OTA broke my screen. I see pitch black.
    Try removing the battery if you have not already done so. MIne got locked on the triangle, and responded to nothing. the battery reset worked.

I've tried everything. Battery removal, hard reset...my only option is to send it in for repairs. It just really sucks that it was an UPDATE that destroyed my screen as opposed to me dropping it or something.

my downloads finished and the phone still acted the same so i guess i have to call htc. i called them last night but they're closed? wth? if i have to exchange my phone i'll be pissed. i paid extra for the inscription on the back.

grrrr

Calling HTC will be your best bet...especially since you already did a factory reset. Good luck.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

on hold with them again...(htc)

i've been transferred 4 times now. i get sick of telling the same story over and over

I got mine last night. But didn't mess with my phone until this morning. The only problem I noticed, was trying to access the market. It kept FCing but after a couple trust it finally worked and has been working flawlessly ever since.
    What's this update even supposed to do?

Plasma Riffled from my N1 using tapatalk.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links