2.2.1 WiFi FAIL!

This is a discussion on 2.2.1 WiFi FAIL! within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I bet most of you already know that 2.2 N1 had some WiFi issues especially when using WPA-Enterprise. Gladly, my school has also a PSK ...

Thread: 2.2.1 WiFi FAIL!

2.2.1 WiFi FAIL!

I bet most of you already know that 2.2 N1 had some WiFi issues especially when using WPA-Enterprise.

Gladly, my school has also a PSK wireless network available so I've been using that.

But after the OTA update, it is totally failing to connect to PSK as well as WPA-Enterprise.

Keep repeating between 'Obtaining IP address from ...' and 'Scanning...'.

How's anyone else going?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Mine works OK after OTA update (using it to send this). I have OTA Froyo 2.2 FRF91 rooted ROM.

I just updated to Froyo 2.2.1 with Root access and have had no problems with my wifi so far.

ok this is more or less related to your problem but wasn`t 2.2.1 supposed to fix the WI-FI sleep problem but I got my update and still have the WI-FI sleep problem so is any body else still having having this problem?

After a few on/offs it still didn't work properly.
    So I had a factory data reset (reinstalling and rearranging everything is PAIN!) and eventually to make the WiFi work again.

Hopefully, it might work for those who updated and still experiencing WiFi problems.

After the update it woke up several times still connected to my unsecured wifi. I thought it was good, but just now it didn't so I'm not so happy. I'll give it a couple of days (or maybe a reboot). Yeah I'll try a reboot first, see if that's enough. Let you know later.
    Nexus One :nexusx: FINALY rooted without ending up like this

Got CM7 installed too!

I have never had any problems with WiFi other than the usual 'disabled' message on my home and work networks.

But I took 2.2.1 OTA and now can not connect WiFi at all.

Whenever I tick the tick box, the phone struggles for a few seconds trying to sync, then tells me

Application Settings (in process.com.android.settings) is not responding blah blah

Force close, wait or do nothing result in the same thing...

Scanning, scanning, scanning, then Wi-Fi Turning off.

What was a happy but annoying phone is now a dysfunctional phone

My phone is FRG83 2.2.1 UK Vodafone

Wifi Error

I have a similar problem, but my wifi keeps showing the ERROR message, tried almost everything but nothing seems to work, i've read something about a gold card but Google or HTC should solve this not me...

Quote Originally Posted by monolese View Post
    I bet most of you already know that 2.2 N1 had some WiFi issues especially when using WPA-Enterprise.

Gladly, my school has also a PSK wireless network available so I've been using that.

But after the OTA update, it is totally failing to connect to PSK as well as WPA-Enterprise.

Keep repeating between 'Obtaining IP address from ...' and 'Scanning...'.

How's anyone else going?
    same here.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links