2.2.1 and Exchange email

This is a discussion on 2.2.1 and Exchange email within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Apparently the new update added a bunch of annoying security features. One problem I'm having is with a work exchange email account. The account is ...

Thread: 2.2.1 and Exchange email

2.2.1 and Exchange email

Apparently the new update added a bunch of annoying security features. One problem I'm having is with a work exchange email account.

The account is now requiring total control of my phone, access to read all data, wipe all data, password restrictions, etc. The most annoying thing though is the lock screen requirement.

I have tried a couple third-party apps and they don't seem to work.

Improved Email: Requires the exact same permissions and restrictions.

K-9 mail is broken after this update and no longer sends/receives mail. It does not prompt for the security restrictions, so this may be why it is now broken.

So, I'm looking for some advice in a workaround, or did google just break exchange email?

Thanks.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

The restrictions are due to your administrator of your work exchange. They require it. The new update merely gives them the opportunity to use those features that are already available to most exchange phones.

You can root and use titanium backup to delete email.apk. You can find the old version on the web somewhere.

This update fixed many exchange issues but also turned on the new exchange security, so plan for this to always be in Android now.

Technically, it fixed Froyo's Exchange support by acknowledging device security GPO's set by your systems administrator. That said, I have seen a post about how to bypass it. Note: I have not tried this, as I am my own Exchange administrator and just set my GPO to whatever I want

[APP] **Updated 9/22/2010** Android Email.apk latest src code w/o Exchange security - xda-developers

Thanks for the replies. I was finally able to get K9 mail working using these settings:K9MailAndExchange - k9mail - Advice on how to configure K-9 Mail to work with Exchange - Project Hosting on Google Code

No admin permissions required, and no lock screen restrictions.

Thanks for the help guys.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links