Update Issue

This is a discussion on Update Issue within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hey so ive had the nexus one since it came out and had no problems, about 3 months ago i dropped it and cracked the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update Issue

Exclamation Update Issue

Hey so ive had the nexus one since it came out and had no problems, about 3 months ago i dropped it and cracked the screen badly. I moved to NYC a week later and my friend who works at microsoft said they all had the nexusone but then switched phone carriers or something so he gave me his for free he never used it. The only difference i noticed was during the startup screen there when it shows the X theres a lock under it that is unlocked so i assume it means the phone is unlocked. My problem is that it prompted me to install a security update i did it and when it was restarting it would say the install failed and it wasnt authorized now another update is out and its still doing the same thing. And it constantly asks me to update but everytime i try it says that same failed to install. Does anyone know how i can fix this or what could be causing it? I have 2.2 but it wants to go to 2.2.1 or something. I would appreciate any help. Other than this the phone is perfect.

T

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by Triplo View Post
    The only difference i noticed was during the startup screen there when it shows the X theres a lock under it that is unlocked so i assume it means the phone is unlocked.
    That Icon means that your Bootloader is unlocked.

Sounds to me like you might be rooted.

Go into your settings and tell me what you see in your About phone settings.

it should look something like this

[PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

yeah it looks very similar the baseband is the same the kernel is dif theres no mod area and the build numb is FRF50

wait the baseband numbers are diff now that i look

So how do i update and im not very good with the whole phone hacking stuff so what does all this mean? does this mean i can get one of those mods and whats the advantage? is just personal preference or does it make your phone faster

Do you have the SuperUser app in your App Drawer?
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

yeah it says superuser permissions but when i click it it just goes to a black screen, i can hit menu and it will go to a preferences screen that says tap action and notification

Quote Originally Posted by Triplo View Post
    yeah it says superuser permissions but when i click it it just goes to a black screen, i can hit menu and it will go to a preferences screen that says tap action and notification
    Nice!

That is a good thing. It means that your phone is already Rooted.

Download Rom Manager from the Market and flash the Clockwork recovery.

With that you can flash CyanogenMod 6 or Stock Froyo. I would recommend CM6
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

what is CM6? is that gonna fix that update security thing and how do i get it or flash it?

ok i bought the rom manager now what

ok im flashing it now

ok what are the differences between cm6 or cm6RC@ or 3 and whats a kernel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links