No wifi tether after 2.2.1/frg83 upgrade

This is a discussion on No wifi tether after 2.2.1/frg83 upgrade within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi,yesterday I stupidly(whilst bored siting in an ikea returns room)took the upgrade option offered in notifications. Now I find that wireless tether won't work,I just ...

Thread: No wifi tether after 2.2.1/frg83 upgrade

No wifi tether after 2.2.1/frg83 upgrade

Hi,yesterday I stupidly(whilst bored siting in an ikea returns room)took the upgrade option offered in notifications.
    Now I find that wireless tether won't work,I just get "unable to start tethering.please try again.
    I original used universal root so tried this again and it said I'm still rooted.
    Any ideas or alternatives,I really need this for my iPad whilst out and about.
    Cheers.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Ok,so I tried barnacle wifi tether.that wouldn't work either and said something like"you don't have su"I preesume this is superuser permission,but that's still there list in my apps
    list.
    Any one got any ideas please.

I had the same problem. After checking with logcat it's apparent that the wireless driver (/system/lib/modules/bcm4329.ko) was replaced in FRG83 with one lacking AP functionality.

I replaced mine with the driver from FRF91, which fixed the problem, but replacing kernel modules requires superuser (root) permissions, so I guess we'll have to wait for Google to release yet another update to allow rootless wifi tethering on 2.2.1.

I've been able to use the WiFi tether since the 2.2.1 update. I don't think anything was disabled, at least not for T-Mo N1s.

Why do they do these things.one of the reasons I switched from apple was becouse of there ti nkering and medeling and closed system.I thought google had a diffrent aproach to things,seems I was wrong.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links