Gmail and Google Calendar Don't Sync

This is a discussion on Gmail and Google Calendar Don't Sync within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Sept 27th was the last sync, and since then it doesn't sync, even when I choose sync now in settings. I don't have any other ...

Thread: Gmail and Google Calendar Don't Sync

Gmail and Google Calendar Don't Sync

Sept 27th was the last sync, and since then it doesn't sync, even when I choose sync now in settings. I don't have any other email or calendar accounts that I'm trying to sync. I'm simply trying to keep my Gmail and Google calendar accounts up to date in my nexus one. Might be related to the 2.2.1 update. I tried restarting already and clearing cache for Gmail and Calendar, which I didn't need to do because it was at 0 already. Only thing left is a factory reset which I want to leave as a last resort. Any one else have this issue?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Sorry you are having problems. I have the new update and didn't have any problems.

Let's start with the basics: under Settings/Accounts & Sync, do you have Background data and Auto-sync both checked?

Click on your gmail account listed there. Do you have Sync Gmail and Sync Calendar both checked?

Open the Gmail account, go to Menu/Accounts and tap on Accounts. Is your Gmail account listed?

Back at Menu, tap More. Scroll down until you see Labels and tap that. Check the Sync settings for Inbox, Starred, Important, and any others that you want to sync. They have selections for none, number of days, or all. Be sure something other than "Sync none" is selected.

Back in email, select Menu again and then "Refresh." Hopefully that will update for you.

Maris

Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    Sorry you are having problems. I have the new update and didn't have any problems.

Let's start with the basics: under Settings/Accounts & Sync, do you have Background data and Auto-sync both checked?

Click on your gmail account listed there. Do you have Sync Gmail and Sync Calendar both checked?

Open the Gmail account, go to Menu/Accounts and tap on Accounts. Is your Gmail account listed?

Back at Menu, tap More. Scroll down until you see Labels and tap that. Check the Sync settings for Inbox, Starred, Important, and any others that you want to sync. They have selections for none, number of days, or all. Be sure something other than "Sync none" is selected.

Back in email, select Menu again and then "Refresh." Hopefully that will update for you.

Maris
    Background data and Autosync are checked. Sync Gmail and sync Calendar are checked. My Gmail account is listed in Gmail. Sync 4 days is selected for Inbox, etc.

Unfortunately I'm still not getting my emails or Calendar events.

Under Accounts & Sync > Google, try "Remove Account" and then add it back in. Maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by nickshertzer View Post
    Under Accounts & Sync > Google, try "Remove Account" and then add it back in. Maybe?
    It says this account is required by some applications. Only way to remove it is by reseting to factory defaults. Also for some reason the touchscreen was not responding well when I tried to do this. I had to restart the phone. Not sure if that is also related to the update.

Also today I noticed the andorid market updates say starting download but don't download. This had happened before a day or so before the 2.2.1 update. Not sure if it is related to my phone or something with the android market. My internet connection has been fine though.

Hello All,
    Newbie here to the nexusoneforum... but have had my phone for awhile and am considered a lurker on this site, but have decided to join because for some reason just the other day the Gmail app has suddenly stopped pushing emails to the N1. Anyone else having this problem? I have verified my settings as suggested in this thread and have wiped the dalvik cache, but to no avail. I even posted this problem on google's forum, but still nothing. Others have posted on the Marketplace that they are experiencing the same type of problem with the app... anyone else?

Maybe check your accounts & sync settings to see if your gmail is setup to sync. If not you can use the add account button to add your Gmail.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Recent problems may be with Google:
    http://www.google.com/support/forum/...f5209bf7&hl=en

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

after i posted this, i found the same information. thanks...

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links