Phone not starting anymore - black screen

This is a discussion on Phone not starting anymore - black screen within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi! I think my N1 got bricked. While having a call this morning (with full battery) it suddenly turns off and i was unable to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phone not starting anymore - black screen

Unhappy Phone not starting anymore - black screen

Hi!

I think my N1 got bricked. While having a call this morning (with full battery) it suddenly turns off and i was unable to turn it on again. I tried the following:

- Removing and reinserting the battery and push power-button -> nothing (even no boot-screen)
    - Removing battery, SIM-card and flash-card and after reinserting the battery pushing power -> again nothing
    - inserting the ac-adaptor -> even no green or orange light for charging
    - removing the battery and inserting ac-adaptor -> light flashing orange and green
    - inserting battery while light's flashing -> light went green
    - pushing power-button with green light on -> light turns off and nothing else happens (waited 15 min or so)

Before doing any of the following steps I always remove battery and ac-adaptor, waited 10 sec., inserted ac-adaptor (flashing light) and afterwards the battery (green light).
    - Just push Power -> green light turns off and nothing happens
    - Volume - and Power -> green light turns off and nothing happens
    - Trackball and Power -> green light turns off and nothing happens
    - Tried all those things with ac-adaptor and usb-cable

So: Unable to boot, unable to do hard-reset, unable to enter fastboot. But device recognizes the battery-state correctly and is charging.

Does anyone have another suggestion? I don't like to send it to htc.

Here are some additional infos:
    Nexus One AMOLED from Vodafone (Europe Version) with unlocked bootloader but NOT rooted. Android 2.2.1 from OTA (Google-Version not Vodafone-Version).

Thanks!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

When powering on, Have you tried holding down the trackball before you hit the power button and keeping the trackball held until it kicks into recovery? that might let you into the Recovery to do a Factory Data Reset.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

jah
    Oddly, my wife had the same thing happen on her phone this morning, but I assumed it was battery related. So I swapped her battery with mine and her phone worked. Then I swapped the battery back and booted into recovery, which accomplished nothing. So I rebooted the phone and that time it worked and it's working now. No clue what the deal is.

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    When powering on, Have you tried holding down the trackball before you hit the power button and keeping the trackball held until it kicks into recovery? that might let you into the Recovery to do a Factory Data Reset.
    Yes I tried that. But after holding the trackball for longer than 20 seconds I gave up. Screen still black.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by jah View Post
    Oddly, my wife had the same thing happen on her phone this morning, but I assumed it was battery related. So I swapped her battery with mine and her phone worked. Then I swapped the battery back and booted into recovery, which accomplished nothing. So I rebooted the phone and that time it worked and it's working now. No clue what the deal is.
    This is interesting. Unfortunately I have no second battery to try this. Maybe I should drive to the electronic market and get one :-)

Meanwhile: Any other suggestions?

[PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

jah
    Quote Originally Posted by netzwerghh View Post
    This is interesting. Unfortunately I have no second battery to try this. Maybe I should drive to the electronic market and get one :-)

Yeah, I don't know what is going on or why, but it's something that they both did it. And my wife's phone is stock, while I'm definitely not, so maybe it was 2.2.1.

Thanks for that thread, but they are able to get into recovery or fastboot. I don't even see the first boot screen (X with open key underneath it).

Quote Originally Posted by netzwerghh View Post

Yeah, I don't know what is going on or why, but it's something that they both did it. And my wife's phone is stock, while I'm definitely not, so maybe it was 2.2.1.
    I went to a phone-shop and asked the person to insert a working battery in my N1 but it didn't start. We also inserted my battery in his N1 and that one started. But mine didn't want to start neither with another working battery nor with my battery working in another phone. It's just black. No boot screen not even a single sign of life like lamps on or so. It's completely dark after pushing the power button. Even when connected to ac-adaptor the charge-indicator wents off after pushing power and doesn't come back.
    I didn't do any ROM-flashing before this. Just the OTA-update to 2.2.1 on monday.
    Very strange. Seems I have no other possibility than waiting for a replacement...

jah
    Sorry. :-(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links