Market doesn't provide a notification for updates

This is a discussion on Market doesn't provide a notification for updates within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I've noticed since 2.2.1 that the market doesn't provide a notification anymore when an app has an update. I have to go into the market ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Market doesn't provide a notification for updates

Market doesn't provide a notification for updates

I've noticed since 2.2.1 that the market doesn't provide a notification anymore when an app has an update. I have to go into the market app and look at my downloads page to see if there are any updates. Anyone else having a similar problem?

(FWIW, gmail still updates and so does my calendar, so it seems to be confined to the market from what I can tell)

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Did you check the settings?

Are notifications enabled?

As far as I know. I get e-mail notifications for both gmail and other e-mail accounts I have on the phone. Also get weather notifications from time to time from weatherbug.

It sounds like maybe you are looking under Accounts and Sync settings.

I think Beer Goggles means Market > Menu > Downloads > Menu > Notifications > Check "Notify me when items are updated"

Quote Originally Posted by nickshertzer View Post

I think Beer Goggles means Market > Menu > Downloads > Menu > Notifications > Check "Notify me when items are updated"
    :nexusx:

Even before the latest OTA it was a 50/50 chance if I got notifications of updates for my apps from the market.

Quote Originally Posted by nickshertzer View Post

I wasn't aware of that feature but I just now checked it and the "Notify me when items are updated" is selected. Also when I was in the market I noticed that I had another app that had an update that I wasn't notified of.

Quote Originally Posted by N1David View Post
    Even before the latest OTA it was a 50/50 chance if I got notifications of updates for my apps from the market.
    I have the same problem. It seems like only sometimes it tells me there are updates available. I figured maybe it was because I'm running custom ROMs, but obviously N1David is on stock Froyo. Not that big of a deal IMHO.

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    I just learned to check every afternoon for updates. Sometimes I would no notifications. Then I would get a notification, then sometimes I would get updates done automatically.

I love google, but the market sucks worse than a $10 whore. (not that I would know or anything......)
    Androidfied.

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    I love google, but the market sucks worse than a $10 whore. (not that I would know or anything......)
    Well, at least it's better than a $5 whore...:rofl3:
    Or even worse... the iTunes App Store!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links