Stock n1 2.2.1 with root

This is a discussion on Stock n1 2.2.1 with root within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Ok so Ive been real happy so far with Stock n1 and universal androot. I love the root apps. Now that the update is out ...

Thread: Stock n1 2.2.1 with root

Stock n1 2.2.1 with root

Ok so Ive been real happy so far with Stock n1 and universal androot. I love the root apps.
    Now that the update is out (2.2.1. frg83) I wanted to update and still have root access on stock. I was not able to update because i had deleted stock apps like amazon, twitter, etc with titanium.

I had to flash a stock rom and then update to 2.2.1 worked, BUT no root access.
    I even unlocked the bootloader to see if that would give me instant root but it didnt.
    How can i go about getting root access on my n1 with 2.2.1. ? I want to run a stock rom and use rooted apps like titanium. Also to get future updates like gingerbread OTA.
    I do not want a custom rom like cyanogen. Just stock 2.2.1. with root access.
    whats the easiest way to achieve this?

I tried installing amon ra, and it still wouldnt give me root access, couldnt install superuser,busybox ect.

please help.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Not a problem! I have the stock ROM with root access. There's actually a thread I started about this and how to do it.

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...-question.html

But it involves Rom Manager and already having root access. Too bad you went back to stock and upgraded. It would have been and easy couple clicks. There's another tutorial out there too that talks about getting root access in the newest update.

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...ootloader.html

It does it without unlocking the boot loader, but it should still work even though yours is unlocked already.

Quote Originally Posted by Snickolaz View Post
    Not a problem! I have the stock ROM with root access. There's actually a thread I started about this and how to do it.

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...-question.html

But it involves Rom Manager and already having root access. Too bad you went back to stock and upgraded. It would have been and easy couple clicks. There's another tutorial out there too that talks about getting root access in the newest update.

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...ootloader.html

It does it without unlocking the boot loader, but it should still work even though yours is unlocked already.

Awesome ill try it out. Also I had done a backup with rom manager prior to flashing the stock rom and updating to 2.2.1.
    So i went back to that. So now im back at 2.2 rooted but cant get 2.2.1.
    I will try to do what you did in that thread with rom manager.
    1 question. What rom did you flash with rom manager?
    Thestock one with all the extra stuff or a 100% stock one ?

I used this one.

Completely Stock Deodexed with busybox: FRG83_stock.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
    MD5 95c001d330f47499022aa48c9fbf3c57

It sounds like there are a ton of extras with it from the description, but after doing it there was nothing more than the normal root programs.

Thx. It worked but i miss the 40 mb of internal storage

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman View Post
    Thx. It worked but i miss the 40 mb of internal storage
    The same thing happened to me. It was about 25mb in my case. I posted some details somewhere. I even restored the backup to compare it, but I was never able to figure out what caused that. You gain some space under "system" and lose some under "data", Still the loss is more the gain.

im trying to get by the loss on internal storage by forcing some apps to the SD using the feature on titanium backup

I mean, I would accept the loss if it has to be that way, but I just want to know what it is and it is not something abnormal happening to guys like you and me.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links