Anybody else have this problem?

This is a discussion on Anybody else have this problem? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Let me see if I can explain this properly: Often times, perhaps maybe every day or second day or so, I have a problem with ...

Thread: Anybody else have this problem?

Anybody else have this problem?

Let me see if I can explain this properly:

Often times, perhaps maybe every day or second day or so, I have a problem with what I guess what you would call my app launching. It mostly happens with my messaging app. I'll press the icon on my home screen but the phone won't open my messaging; it'll open my RSS reader or my contacts or my wifi setting or something else random instead. No matter how many times I exit the wrongly opened app, kill all tasks, remove and replace the home screen icon, et cetera, it refuses to open the messaging app. Even going into the app drawer to open messaging in there doens't work either. Eventually, I just have to reboot my phone in order to get it to work.

This is incredibly frustrating and makes me crazy! Has anybody else experienced this phenomenon? Does anybody know what could be causing it, and how to fix it?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

This happens alot just turn the screen off and back on and that should fix it when it gets crazy. No fix for it ether just something you have to live with hopefully it don't happen often.
    One Nexus To Rule Them All!

Thanks for the tip, I'll definitely try that one next time.

If it is just messaging you could try clearing data/cache or getting a screen calibrator app from Market.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

As far as I know it is just messaging, since I don't use any other app so frequently that I've noticed it. Where do I clear cache?

If available it would be under menu/settings/apps/all. Should be a data and maybe cache choice. Data would clear all entries out.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

No problem, it will also help if you make sure your other figure's are not touching the screen when your texting etc. And keep the screen clean. Some other people have had this happen when the phone get hot like when charging or using navigation. Even with a touch screen issue this is the best phone. I love my Nexus One!!!
    One Nexus To Rule Them All!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links