NexusOne incapable of syncing with Outlook

This is a discussion on NexusOne incapable of syncing with Outlook within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I have just discovered to my fury that my new NexusOne is physically incapable of syncing with Outlook on my PC - rendering it useless ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NexusOne incapable of syncing with Outlook

NexusOne incapable of syncing with Outlook

I have just discovered to my fury that my new NexusOne is physically incapable of syncing with Outlook on my PC - rendering it useless as a business phone. There is no way to download and sync hundreds of contacts and dairy entries. Neither the phone nor the PC can detect eachother when connected by USB. Hopeless. The HTC helpdesk confirmed the phone doesn't have the functionality, and said this is because Google 'did not buy the licence'. Can anybody explain why Google would do something so insanely unhelpful? And is there fix?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

you could try this app to sync with outlook

MyPhoneExplorer Client - Android app on AppBrain

Also when you connect you phone to your pc, you must mount the SD on the phone first before your pc will recognize it.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Thanks SliceBurgSlim, but no joy. Downloaded but it won't connect: 'SocketError 10061 - Connection forcefully rejected'.

It appears that you need an app on your pc in conjunction with this app.

Check this out

FJ Software Development
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

There is a download for your pc called Google Calendar Sync. This will sync your google calendar to your outlook calendar.
    To get your outlook contacts into google, you export your outlook contacts to a csv file and then import that into your google contacts. The Nexus One will then sync from google and wala, problem solved.

If you can export your contact to vcards you can also go to your gmail hit the contact link and Import your contacts via vcards.

Thanks both. But where does Google calendar live - online somwhere? I want to continue using Outlook, I don't want to have all my contacts outside of my own PC, and I don't want to have to perform multiple operations each time I need to update my phone. Is there really no other way?

Use google calendar sync to sync outlook calendar with google calendar via the cloud, no usb cables needed! Similarly use soocial to sync your contacts. It's free for up to 250 contacts.

Thanks Freewilly. Calendar now syncd, but Soocial doesn't support HTC. Plus I have more than 250 contacts. Any other suggestions? Thanks again, D.

Correction. Soocial does support HTC, just not the NexusOne. What special form of torture is Google inflicting? They will rot in hell...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links