LOCK SCREEN FAIL!!! (plus unresponsive Home button)

This is a discussion on LOCK SCREEN FAIL!!! (plus unresponsive Home button) within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Sup NXS1ers, Out nowhere it seems my NXS1 decided to quit locking the screen. Now after pushing the power button once, the screen does not ...

Thread: LOCK SCREEN FAIL!!! (plus unresponsive Home button)

LOCK SCREEN FAIL!!! (plus unresponsive Home button)

Sup NXS1ers,

Out nowhere it seems my NXS1 decided to quit locking the screen. Now after pushing the power button once, the screen does not lock. Pushing the button a second time brings it back to life with no "Slide to unlock." The phone also comes back to life if I push the up / down buttons on the side to toggle volume while playing music, or even pushing the trackball.

Additionally, my Home button quit working. I feel the haptic feedback when I push it, but it doesn't do anything anymore. In each application I have to "back out" to get back to the home screen.

I've tried restoring the phone once before; however, this did not fix the issue. Does anyone have any ideas? I looked through my phone's downloaded applications and didn't see anything that seemed like it would control the lockscreen. Any apps known to mess with lock screen and cause an issue like this?

Any ideas? Would love to have a fully functioning NXS1 again :/

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

So my phone is doing the exact same thing and started about the time of your post.

Fixed. First make sure your back up is enabled in your privacy setting. Then do a hard reset. Power down. I removed my SD and sim cards j.I.c. then press your power, volume down and trackball at the same time. Go into bootloader then clear all. You should still have all your apps and such from backing up to the Google server.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links