[HELP!!!] Please help me hotmail issue on Nexus One

This is a discussion on [HELP!!!] Please help me hotmail issue on Nexus One within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hello all, I just set hotmaul account under the stock mail app in my Nexus One. I do not know why when I marked the ...

Thread: [HELP!!!] Please help me hotmail issue on Nexus One

[HELP!!!] Please help me hotmail issue on Nexus One

Hello all,

I just set hotmaul account under the stock mail app in my Nexus One. I do not know why when I marked the mail read, after 1 sec, it change back to unread. It also made my read mail (ages ago) become unread. THis is getting me crazy!, How should I set so that the mail and be sync with server same time?

Thanks!!

Please join Dropbox here: Register :nexusx:

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by wingod View Post
    Hello all,

I just set hotmaul account under the stock mail app in my Nexus One. I do not know why when I marked the mail read, after 1 sec, it change back to unread. It also made my read mail (ages ago) become unread. THis is getting me crazy!, How should I set so that the mail and be sync with server same time?

Thanks!!
    I have the same problem, but when i delete the mail its ok however if i set to read it will chill for a few mins before popping back up, i have checked both connection and sync and they are both performing very well so this has to be a hotmail end problem
    NEXUS ONE
    11.02.2010 - SuperBoot Rooted
    24.02.2010 - Amon Ra's Recovery
    24.02.2010 - 05.10.2010 Cyanogen Era
    06.10.2010 - 08.12.2010 - RoDrIgUeZsTyLe´s MIUIMOD Era
    04.05.2011 - CyanogenMod 7.0.3

NOTION INK ADAM
    04.04.2011 - Rooted & CW Recovery Installed
    04.04.2011 - BEAST 2.1.3 PQi + 3g Version
    02.05.2011 - BEAST 2.2

Ok well for the really old messages becoming new again it’s because your phone sincs up with your hotmail every x amount of minutes depending on what you set it to. The thing is it loads a certain amount of messages (unless you press load more messages) and those messages are saved on your phone then if you delete one from your phone or from a computer it will take it off the list on the phone then when your x amount of minutes is up it resincs and adds one message but the phone doesn`t know you read it ages ago it’s not informed of that (which I think is hotmail’s fault but not sure) so it thinks you didn`t read it other than deleting messages from your inbox so the amount is always the same as your phone takes or loading all your messages there is no fix (well not that I am aware but I don`t think there is). If there is no fix then its hotmail and Google that have to work it out.

This seems to be a good explanation however it is not the case for me, when I read/mark as read it checks in with my account and I can watch as it changes to read on my laptop but then a few mins later the message is back to unread again and a few mins after that the phone pops it up? Its a little confusing :s

Engraved using pure root
    NEXUS ONE
    11.02.2010 - SuperBoot Rooted
    24.02.2010 - Amon Ra's Recovery
    24.02.2010 - 05.10.2010 Cyanogen Era
    06.10.2010 - 08.12.2010 - RoDrIgUeZsTyLe´s MIUIMOD Era
    04.05.2011 - CyanogenMod 7.0.3

NOTION INK ADAM
    04.04.2011 - Rooted & CW Recovery Installed
    04.04.2011 - BEAST 2.1.3 PQi + 3g Version
    02.05.2011 - BEAST 2.2

a ha~ So...basicly this is problem between Microsoft and Google. My friend's iPhone do not have this issue but I thought Microsoft hates apple -.- This is confusing.

Ya Microsoft and apple are not exactly close but the thing is that ISO was the most popular OS at one point so that is why they get all the special treatment all the time. Cause a year ago I and most people had never even heard of android I stared following android when I discovered the our amassing superphone:nexusx:. Also Iphone is more world wide right now like at my school and well in everybody I know (until I started talking about it) no one had even herd of android.

Will there any 3rdparty app can replace the stock mail app for checking hotmail? I would like notification function.

I used to have this problem also. However, the new windows live exchange activsync has got rid of this problem. In the mail app delete your hotmail account. Once this has been removed proceed with the following steps to add the hotmail via exchange activesync.

Click add new email account in the e-mail app then:

• First, you put in your email address and password, then you hit "manual setup" (not "next"), then choose "Exchange". From there, you'll see the following...
    • Domain\Username: Clear out and put in your full hotmail address
    • Password: if not pre-filled, obviously put in your hotmail password
    • Server: m.hotmail.com
    • Check "Use Secure Connection (SSL)"

Give it a few minutes and it should start to download your emails. And once you've read any emails/deleted them, they are automatically replicated on the hotmail server so your issues should be solved.

Hope this helps!

Hasan

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links