Please help me!!!!! Phone not working!!

This is a discussion on Please help me!!!!! Phone not working!! within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi! I've made my phone non-functional and I need your assistance, I don't think its anything too severe, its just that I don't know what ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please help me!!!!! Phone not working!!

Exclamation Please help me!!!!! Phone not working!!

Hi!

I've made my phone non-functional and I need your assistance, I don't think its anything too severe, its just that I don't know what to do.

Anyway, from the beginning:
    I was happily on Cuyanogen 6, android 2.2 FRF91... I went to XDA to download stuff and one of my installs failed (stuck at reboot).

I fell back onto stock rom (the one before rooting). The phone seemed to have downloaded 2.2.1 itself and prompt me to install which I did (thinking it was the original 2.2 update.

On my back up rom, it already had superuser installed and weird thing is after any restor whether to complete stock or this back up, super user would be there. I've tried to install CM6 which failed all the time.

Since then, I've been stuck on 2.2.1, which blocks the use of universal androot (what I used for Cyanogen 6). I followed the online tutorial to root using super one click (Here are the links I found and followed )

After numerous attempt, I FINALLY got root and market access. Yesterday I decided to not install CM6 becuase it kept failing, So i downloaded MIUI. I tried to install it, and progress seemed to be good.

But then, before the progress bar completed the phone restarted it self and it stayed on the :nexusx: for a long time. I thought it was unsucessful, so I pulled the battery.

From then on, the phone would not go anywhere beyond :nexusx:, I am able to get into the stock recovery parts, and have done so a few times in attempt to fix the phone (wipe user data etc etc). The recovery part seems to say that there is no image (rom) detected.

But besides going into stock recovery, there is nothing I can do I can still apply an "update.zip" from recovery and have tried to simply rename the CM6 rom to update.zip which failed.

What should I do?! Can i flash an official stock rom using the update.zip function? Please help me!!!!!
    Galaxy Nexus? I like Nexus prime more. Even the code name "Maguro" seemed cooler.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Ok well I`m not rooted so I might be off a little but isn`t the first rule of flashing ROMs to NEVER do a battery pull. Anyway if I were you I would try and flash a stick image like you said. But like I said I`m not rooted I just like to read allot about root and flashing ROMs (if anyone is wondering why I havenít rooted yet its cause I want to wait till gingerbread).

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    Ok well I`m not rooted so I might be off a little but isn`t the first rule of flashing ROMs to NEVER do a battery pull. Anyway if I were you I would try and flash a stick image like you said. But like I said I`m not rooted I just like to read allot about root and flashing ROMs (if anyone is wondering why I haven’t rooted yet its cause I want to wait till gingerbread).
    I feel so bad...

ANyway, I can't seem to find a stock image image anywhere. SHould I be trying to find the one that shipped with the phone? THe only images I could find are those small update ones.
    Galaxy Nexus? I like Nexus prime more. Even the code name "Maguro" seemed cooler.

Well you should be able to find one at the xda forum I will try looking for it you keep looking tell me if you find it. As far as what stock ROM you need to find it doesn`t matter the priority here is to get a ROM back on your phone you can find whatever else later. BTW did you try using a different custom ROM or even CM6 but a different file cause maybe itís your file that is not working not CM6 in general.

Well you should be able to find one at the xda forum I will try looking for it you keep looking tell me if you find it. As far as what stock ROM you need to find it doesn`t matter the priority here is to get a ROM back on your phone you can find whatever else later. BTW did you try using a different custom ROM or even CM6 but a different file cause maybe itís your file that is not working not CM6 in general.

I'm currently download a stock image found on this link

What do you mean by trying another custom rom? Did you mean trying this before I'm stuck with the :nexusx: or after?

If it was before, I only tried CM6, then tried MIUI which brought me to this problem.

As for after the :nexusx: problem, I've only tried renaming CM6 as an update.zip and install which returns a "signature error" or something

85% on the download

Ok well then you can try flashing that stock ROM. What I meant by another ROM was after the problem cause it might be because the CM6 file that you renamed update.zip might not work don`t know maybe corrupted when you downloaded or something but anyway the stock one you found should work so I would try that.

Ok well then you can try flashing that stock ROM. What I meant by another ROM was after the problem cause it might be because the CM6 file that you renamed update.zip might not work don`t know maybe corrupted when you downloaded or something but anyway the stock one you found should work so I would try that.
    the rom i downloaded doesn't work!!!

says the signature failed

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is that the same thing as it said when cyanogen failed?

You will not be able to flash a ROM with the Stock Recovery.

Pardon me as I am not familiar with the SuperOneClick method but did this method have you flash a Custom Recovery like Clockwork or AmonRa?

If so, you could try using ADB to flash a custom recovery again. Thats what I would try.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    You will not be able to flash a ROM with the Stock Recovery.

Pardon me as I am not familiar with the SuperOneClick method but did this method have you flash a Custom Recovery like Clockwork or AmonRa?

If so, you could try using ADB to flash a custom recovery again. Thats what I would try.
    If I cannot flash a rom with stock recovery, I think I'm doomed!

THe superoneclick method does not install anything in terms of recovery. I had Clockwork installed when I installed rom manager, but that seems to have disappeard.

Is it possible to completely flash the phone using a computer? I think the only thing I could do now is use the computer to fix it.

Is that the same thing as it said when cyanogen failed?
    It seems to be.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links