Rarely get 3G now - started a week or two ago - anyone else?

This is a discussion on Rarely get 3G now - started a week or two ago - anyone else? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I know getting 3G has been a problem on many N1's since their release, but I never had any issues with the one I bought ...

Thread: Rarely get 3G now - started a week or two ago - anyone else?

Rarely get 3G now - started a week or two ago - anyone else?

I know getting 3G has been a problem on many N1's since their release, but I never had any issues with the one I bought back in January. That is until now. For the last week or two, 3G has been very elusive. My work and home have never had a problem getting 3G until now. I can sometime power cycle the phone and get 3G for a minute or two, but Edge always returns. I've also tried selecting "WCDMA only". Again, that sometimes allows me to get 3G for a minute or two.

What's up with that? Based on my testing and the fact that I called T-mobile, I don't think there's anything going on with the network. That leaves the phone software or, dare I say it, a hardware problem.

Any ideas guys? THIS REALLY SUCKS!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Try a different radio

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

I know CM6 Nightly 216 (and probably any CM6 including stable) has a Power Control widget option to force 3G only. Toggles between 2G/3G only/2G+3G.

I understand that the "Korean Radio" supposedly gives better reception. Of course flashing radio 5.08 wrong is pretty much the only way to brick your phone. So flash "at your own risk".

I was just about to post a thread on this

Only recently have i realised that i also rarely get 3G at home. It's awful.

I've had mine since Jan too and never had signal issues. But i recently noticed i NEVER connect to 3G at home. My mrs has a Iphone 3GS and side by side they have always reported the same signal, we are both on the same network.

She still has her 2-3 bars 3G but i'm never on 3G anymore, always EDGE.

I've tried different signal settings, was on GSM Auto PRL, tried the default WCDMA Preferred... No luck. So i decided to set it to WCDMA only and i get my 3G back on my normal 2, maybe 3 bars. But of course, this is not a long term solution for areas without 3g.

Arrrggg!!

Normally i'm on WIFI so i haven't noticed but this is really annoying now. And i wonder if it's anything to do with the fairly recent 2.2.1 update. Other than that, i installed some new apps. But i wiped to factory default yesterday and still have the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoo1 View Post
    I was just about to post a thread on this

Only recently have i realised that i also rarely get 3G at home. It's awful.

I've had mine since Jan too and never had signal issues. But i recently noticed i NEVER connect to 3G at home. My mrs has a Iphone 3GS and side by side they have always reported the same signal, we are both on the same network.

She still has her 2-3 bars 3G but i'm never on 3G anymore, always EDGE.

I've tried different signal settings, was on GSM Auto PRL, tried the default WCDMA Preferred... No luck. So i decided to set it to WCDMA only and i get my 3G back on my normal 2, maybe 3 bars. But of course, this is not a long term solution for areas without 3g.

Arrrggg!!

Normally i'm on WIFI so i haven't noticed but this is really annoying now. And i wonder if it's anything to do with the fairly recent 2.2.1 update. Other than that, i installed some new apps. But i wiped to factory default yesterday and still have the same problem.
    I'm guessing you're AT&T since your wife has an Iphone? Check out this post I started in the T-mobile forum regarding this issue:

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/t...nectivity.html

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links