no sound on phone

This is a discussion on no sound on phone within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; my phone settings are normal but it doesn't ring or have any sound what so ever. volume is at 100%. what do i do???...

Thread: no sound on phone

no sound on phone

my phone settings are normal but it doesn't ring or have any sound what so ever. volume is at 100%. what do i do???

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

First thing I would check is if it is accidently set to silent mode. Next, what applications have you downloaded recently? Maybe something is causing a conflict. You didn't mention if you already tried a full reboot of the phone, but that will sometimes resolve quirky problems. If all else fails, a factory reset may be in order before you call for warranty repair.

same issue

I have the same issue, it seems. I have no sound from the rear speaker, though the headphones still work fine.
    I can add that my "music" (a google inc. app) app seems to have been misbehaving in that it showed as needing an upgrade, but reported something was missing (i forget what, it wasn't effecting anything at the time). An upgrade to music beta seemed to make that issue go away, but it may have been at the same time as the sound stopped since it took me a while to realise i had no sound.
    Was there any further advice?

Seen a few instances of this happening, and it's typically due to the rear speaker connection. You can pull the battery cover and carefully try and press the speaker back into place - failing that, some people have had success cleaning the contacts to the speaker, but this requires some dis-assembly...

nexus s speaker rear speaker issue

thanks for responding, danger-rat, and for the advice.
    Mine is a Nexus S, btw, and up to now I've been really delighted with it.

I took it apart, very tentatively, already.
    I couldn't see much to 'push back into place'. The speaker appears to be a little assembly (a flat black box), connected by a little ribbon wire, and was screwed in firmly. Did you mean to push the ribbon wire back into place, and/or clean the contacts? (it didn't seem obviously out of place, and I was reluctant to fiddle too much, as it was working fine for several months, and I'm not sure what might break. Or did you mean to disassemble that little flat speaker box, and clean the contacts inside that?

thanks,
    damo

Ahhhh - I thought you had a Nexus One (this is the "Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports" thread)...

I don't know much about the Nexus S, but it is possible that it's the same issue - I just can't offer any real advice on how to fix it. I would just check any connections that are easily accessible, and be very careful not to break anything...

I have tried just about everything. since I am a cell phone tech. I have worked on iphones to htc inspires. on this phone I restored it to factory, updated it replaced ear speaker, headset jack (sometimes it can short out thinking it has a headset plugged in and blocks all audio except ringer) looked for any apk installer that might fix the issue. nothing. and mine is a nexus one which to my understanding this audio problem is common in this phone.

Quote Originally Posted by blevinski View Post
    I have tried just about everything. since I am a cell phone tech. I have worked on iphones to htc inspires. on this phone I restored it to factory, updated it replaced ear speaker, headset jack (sometimes it can short out thinking it has a headset plugged in and blocks all audio except ringer) looked for any apk installer that might fix the issue. nothing. and mine is a nexus one which to my understanding this audio problem is common in this phone.
    I don't think it's that common, Blev. I have a 2 year old Nexus One that has had no issues whatever.

@wera
    I have worked on many phones and when you see as many posts on the web with the same problem that makes it pretty common. it may not have been enough to do a recall and some of them look like they may have been influenced by bad roms or roms not installing correctly. but still is enough to call it common. besides great for you to have had a good handset. I not deeming this phone a bad phone. but it sounds like they either had some bad eggs or people are messing up there phones

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links