"Installation Unsuccessful" on almost all apps

This is a discussion on "Installation Unsuccessful" on almost all apps within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Try this?: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=753437 Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Installation Unsuccessful" on almost all apps

Try this?:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=753437

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

check to see what the date on your phone is...i had the same problem in CM6 because somehow, it was showing the year 1980 under settings date and time. It just popped up there even though I had checked to use network provided values...i changed the date and all was well with the apps installing from the market. Good Luck
    CM7.0.3
    Overclocked 1113

Good ideas from all

Don't know if you wipe all before flashing, but if you have problems that would be first choice. Plus reboot maybe first, think you did that.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by cbroberts2010 View Post
    check to see what the date on your phone is...i had the same problem in CM6 because somehow, it was showing the year 1980 under settings date and time. It just popped up there even though I had checked to use network provided values...i changed the date and all was well with the apps installing from the market. Good Luck
    Thanks for the suggestion. Just checked and it's set up for today. :\
    :nexusx: A new hope. :nexusx:

Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    Try this?:
    Fixing "Unknown reason 18" market error - xda-developers

I don't have a microSD card reader -- I didn't know those even existed -- but formatting/whiping the disk should do the same thing right?

Quote Originally Posted by NexusWon View Post
    Try this?:

I don't have a microSD card reader -- I didn't know those even existed -- but formatting/whiping the disk should do the same thing right?
    Actually, I think this first step of this process suggested here seems to be working! I really would prefer not to wipe/format my SD, I have tons of stuff on there and I remember last time I did it it took a month to get everything back in place and set up (Yes, I use Titanuium, but that only does about 70%).

So far at least on 3 apps I've tried, if I manually move apps back to the phone, then update them, they'll install! Then I have to go back and move them to the SD (and anytime I want to update do the same process..)

Needless to say, if this is the fix, this is a RIDICULOUS process to update and has really made trying to enjoy new/updated apps a huge pain in the butt. I really hope the Cyanogen team finds a real solution quick.

Try this?:

Actually, I think this first step of this process suggested here seems to be working! I really would prefer not to wipe/format my SD, I have tons of stuff on there and I remember last time I did it it took a month to get everything back in place and set up (Yes, I use Titanuium, but that only does about 70%).

So far at least on 3 apps I've tried, if I manually move apps back to the phone, then update them, they'll install! Then I have to go back and move them to the SD (and anytime I want to update do the same process..)

Needless to say, if this is the fix, this is a RIDICULOUS process to update and has really made trying to enjoy new/updated apps a huge pain in the butt. I really hope the Cyanogen team finds a real solution quick.
    Hmm... maybe I spoke too soon. 5 apps installed, 3 just failed (picasa, yahoo fantasy football and Flash Player. ... hmm.

The link danger-rat posted (Fixing "Unknown reason 18" market error - xda-developers) worked for me and I had this exact problem. Basically, move all your apps from the SD card to your phone (this was a major pain for me as I had to delete a bunch of apps to make space) and then delete the .android_secure folder in the branch directory of the SD card. You don't need a microSD card reader, just connect your phone to a computer with a USB cable and mount the SD card so you can access it as a drive from the computer. Also you will need to set your computer to be able to see hidden folders.

Quote Originally Posted by wwwhitney View Post
    The link danger-rat posted (Fixing "Unknown reason 18" market error - xda-developers) worked for me and I had this exact problem. Basically, move all your apps from the SD card to your phone (this was a major pain for me as I had to delete a bunch of apps to make space) and then delete the .android_secure folder in the branch directory of the SD card. You don't need a microSD card reader, just connect your phone to a computer with a USB cable and mount the SD card so you can access it as a drive from the computer. Also you will need to set your computer to be able to see hidden folders.
    You can also use estrongs file manager from the phone (set to see hidden files).

Another option is to just move the app you're trying to update to the phone, then unmount your SD card before updating. Remount SD card when done, and move app back to SD...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links