Touchscreen and keyboard issues

This is a discussion on Touchscreen and keyboard issues within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; So overall, I have nothing but good things to say about my N1, but there are some weird problems I've been having lately. First problem ...

Thread: Touchscreen and keyboard issues

Touchscreen and keyboard issues

So overall, I have nothing but good things to say about my N1, but there are some weird problems I've been having lately.

First problem is when I am occasionally typing on the soft keypad, and I am pressing a letter on the second row of letters, and it is sensing that I am pressing something on the fourth line.

For instance, I am trying to type x, and it's giving me the space button???

Any ideas what this could be?

Second issues, again with the screen, I noticed when I started playing Reckless Racing yesterday. You have the left and right turn buttons, but when I press them, they often don't respond. Is it just that the N1 touchscreen isn't all that accurate?

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

Seems to be a problem for some people. You can fix it by putting the screen to sleep (power button), and then waking the screen again (power button). I don't know of any way to stop it happening...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    Seems to be a problem for some people. You can fix it by putting the screen to sleep (power button), and then waking the screen again (power button). I don't know of any way to stop it happening...

This has happened to me to and I can say that that fixes it. As for the typing I would make sure your figure isn`t even slightly touching the screen cause when I first got mine I was wondering why it made those types of errors turns out that it was my index figure touching the top of the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post

That does seem to work, but it's so annoying.

Why Nexus, why?

I heard they're already working on resolving this issue. I'm just here to add some more info that might help.

First the issue is not just with the keyboard. It's the whole screen. Its just more noticeable with the keyboard.

There's no actual pattern to when it happens except that restarting helps bit sometimes I've had to go as far as removing the battery.

I had this problem both on 2.2 and 2.3

I'm just going to submit this little I've written so far it happens again because I've had to write this twice!

Hope this helps whoever's working on it.

Hi,

I have the same problem on my nexus S 2.3.3 , CM7 RC2 ( i don't know if it's a screen calibration problem or a keyboad problem ) and when i try to removing the battery or putting the screen to slee, the result is the same.
    If someone have any solution, it will be great !

Thanks

The pattern that I've noticed, as was also noticed by Random - It seems to be related to the touchscreen getting confused by multi-touch and the proximity of extraneous body parts to the capacitive screen. You don't have to be touching the screen to get a reaction from the screen. IOW, Sometimes when I'm typing, my palm will get close to the edge of the screen. Because it can sense the closeness of my skin, the screen will think I'm trying to perform a multi-touch action, and eventually it just remains confused. Kind of like the issues caused by trying to cross two fingers past each other.

Again, sleeping the screen and turning it back on again fixes the issue. Hopefully, it's not decreasing the life of my power button too much.

Ads