On Reboot all Settings Reset and Most Apps Crash Instantly

This is a discussion on On Reboot all Settings Reset and Most Apps Crash Instantly within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Android Version - 2.2.1 Build Number - FRG83 Not Rooted My phone battery was dead for a day or so. When I plugged the phone ...

Thread: On Reboot all Settings Reset and Most Apps Crash Instantly

On Reboot all Settings Reset and Most Apps Crash Instantly

Android Version - 2.2.1
    Build Number - FRG83
    Not Rooted

My phone battery was dead for a day or so. When I plugged the phone in and booted it up it acted like it was a new phone. All of the tutorials popped up and it asked me to enter a google account to sync to. I entered my account info and then found that all of my homescreens were blank and all of my settings (ringtones, notifications, etc.) had been reset. I still had all of my apps, but when I launch 3rd party apps (ESPN, Yahoo Fantasy Football, BofA, etc.) they instantly crash.

Any ideas what happened or how I can fix the app problem? If I perform a factory reset can I restore all of my apps?

Thanks!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Hey bwill1177 welcome to our wonderful forum

If you do a factory reset you will be able to reinstall all your apps but before you do a factory reset I would try uninstalling and reinstalling one app then see if it still works and/or installing any other app from the market. Also if you decide to do a factory reset I would back up all your apps in your with your Google account you can do this by going to settings-> privacy-> back up my data this will automatically reinstall all your apps after your factory reset.

Thanks for the suggestion. I actually already tried what you suggested and a simple re-installation of all apps did the trick. Annoying, but I suppose it could have been worse.

Thanks again.

Oh well in that case sorry I was late but I was at school all day. Do you have any idea what caused this?

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links